Go Bottom Go Bottom

Finishing Basement -- French Door recomendations

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-02-24          160563

Started a build out of my basement last October (with a contractor, my job is painter only :) )so my parents can live there. I put in a heat pump for HVAC. We have the HVAC, rough electric, plumbing, sheetrock, and priming and two coats of flat paint done.

All we have left are kitchen cabinets, tile, finish electric and plumbing, and trim.

I am putting in 2 5 foot and 1 6 foot paint grade french doors. Does anyone have a preference in regards to a decent quality door at a reasonable price?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-02-24          160564

I can't recommend a brand, but I can recommend a brand to avoid - ThermaTru. Most of our exterior doors are ThermaTru and they are horrible. The finger joints in the frame are coming apart, the pine trim is seeping sap, and they have never been as weather tight as they should be. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2009-02-24          160568

I should add that these are interior grade not exterior french windows. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2009-02-24          160576

My buddy just had $20,000 in new Pella windows installed. Long story short--he's suing them since he can't close or open them without the frames buckling and not sealing. Factory reps and engineers overide each other's decisions and they decided they aren't doing a thing about it. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login