Go Bottom Go Bottom

Industrial or Turf

View my Photos
fs37265
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-05-21          86554

The Kioti dealer in my area is recommending industrial tires instead of turf tires for a CK20HST I am looking at. He says he's had complaints about traction with the turf tires and the industrial tires won't rip up the lawn.

Anyone have experience with this ? I'm suspecting the dealer just doesn't want to switch out the tires already on the tractor.
Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Industrial or Turf

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-21          86555

what will be your main use for the tractor? ....

Industrial or Turf

View my Photos
fs37265

2004-05-21          86562

grading 40 yards of gravel & topsoil, planting 20 pine trees, speading mulch over rocky woods, trenching w/hoe for rock walls, small fountain, plowing driveway. No mowing lawn, but will be riding over the grass repeatedly. ....

Industrial or Turf

View my Photos
grinder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-22          86585

After mowing my soft spingtime lawn with r-4's I wonder if I should have gotten the turfs. Even in two wheel drive it seems to roll it up in places. I have seen a new, more agressive turf tire that looks pretty interesting.A radial type block tread. Anybody have these? It is suppose to have
more dirt traction and act like a turf on the lawn. ....

Industrial or Turf

View my Photos
Chief

2004-05-22          86590

R-4's just won't tear up the lawn as bad. They still leave their mark and are tough on the sod if it is wet or soft. If primary use is turf cutting/mowing; go with the turfs tires. You can buy a set of chains if you occasionally need the extra traction. I have R-4's on my 4410 but I try to limit their time and use on the lawn and only when it is dry. ....

Industrial or Turf

View my Photos
oneace

2004-05-22          86595

If you are not going to be mowing then I would say r4's are your best option. Though you can get traction with turfs I think with the work you described the better Will be r4 along with traction you will also gain a couple inches of ground clearance. ....

Industrial or Turf

View my Photos
Art White

2004-05-22          86601

For the bulk that you named of duties the industrial tires would be the best. They would not puncture as easily as turfs if sharpe stones are in the picture. All could still be done with turfs. ....

Industrial or Turf

View my Photos
fs37265

2004-05-22          86609

Went with your advice and got my CK20HSt with R4's, gets delivered next week. I'll let you know how I make out.

Thanks for all the great comments! ....

Industrial or Turf

View my Photos
tw-20ford

2005-06-20          112596

I would go for the idustrial. WE have them. They will not rip up grass while mowing. You get great traction too. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login