Go Bottom Go Bottom

Loading tires or using the ballast box

View my Photos
kjc
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-04-13          2814

I plan on getting a loader and a mid mount mower (60") with my new tractor. Will haveing the tires loaded rip up my lawn or would a ballast box be better for the lawn as well as which would be better for loader or both. I plan on getting R4 industrial tires with my tractor. Any thoughts?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos

1999-04-13          2824

instead of the ballast box think of getting a box blade. they come in at 3-400 pounds and it gives you a great tool for leveling. ....

View my Photos

1999-04-13          2827

With respect to mowing, you probably don't want any extra weight - just the tractor and your mid-mount (no loader, no ballust box, etc.). If you go with the tires loaded, you can't shed the weight easily when you want to mow. With loaded R4 tires it's a good bet you're going to leave some tracks and ruts in your lawn. If you go the ballust box route (or box blade as suggested in the earlier post), you can easily shed the weight when it is not needed. Some food for thought... ....

View my Photos

1999-04-14          2868

I assume from the 60" mower and the R4 that you are getting a 4100. I would notload the tires! I have a 4100 with R4's and they do leave tracks without the tiresbeing filled. Either get the ballast box or an implement. I did not get a ballastbox but kinda wish I would have. The rear blade sometimes just gets in the way duringloader work. Nothing wrong with it, just not always convienient! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login