Go Bottom Go Bottom

quot Industrial quot tires - how well do they hold up

View my Photos
brad
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-03-30          2182

Have a JD 4200 with industrial tires. Have about 30 hours on tractor. Front tire has a huge crack in it. I called the dealer and they said I could have ran over something. I thought industrial tires would be at least as sturdy as regular automobile tires. How well should these tires hold up? Will running over rocks damage them? The crack goes thru one of the treads....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos

1999-03-30          2198

Think I would remove the tire from the machine and take it to the dealer after checking he may have a different opinion of what happened if this is not satisfatory I would take it to a dealer of that brand of tire he may have a different story if you still don't agree then contact JD customer service with your problem. If after all this you still get no results you may have to buy a new tire and get on with your life after all it may turn out to have been a cut. normally an industrial tire is pretty tough. Not meaning to be a smart aleck but sometimes we just have to continue on Thanks JG ....

View my Photos

1999-03-31          2225

Thanks for reply, have no problem getting on with things! As a first time tractor owner I just dont know what to expect from the tires. Are they more likely to be damaged than a auto tire? Can they be damaged by running over a sharp rock? Are there other tires that will hold up better? ....

View my Photos
Greg

1999-03-31          2242

Interesting with your 4200; I have a 4100, same tires and had very early on a large gash develope in one front tire also. a slit about 1 inch long but I was in some cleared woods and small brush cut low of about small finger size is hell on the tires and I believe thats what got mine. A local tire repair shop patched it and put a boot in the tire and it has held up fine ever since with some rough use; I didn't think it would. I don't believe you can get tires much better. You may have driven over a tin can lid or some glass of a sharp rock; alot of things can happen. Good luck. ....

View my Photos
richard

1999-04-02          2312

I have a 4300 with loader and filled R4 tires, 90% of my tractoring is done in the woods and other 10% in and across #2 stone, never had a problem yet, 30 hrs on tractortires seem to do well in woods. The 4300 has a different brand of tire than 4100, whickin had a 4100 which i traded in on 4200, which i traded in on 4300! Richard ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login