Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tractor for haying manure and snow removal

View my Photos
Mike
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-22          80710

Looking for a tractor to bring in maybe 10-15 acres of hay, but manouverable enough to be able to actually use the loader for getting horse manure and plowing the driveway.

I think that I need at least 35-40 HP for running a baler (if I drive slow).

Was looking at some old tractors including Ford 3000 and 4000's, couple others with this horsepower (mostly gas). One of the problems is that you can't even see the bucket from your seat for most old tractors with this much HP. They still run $5000+ at the used farm equipment dealer.

He also has a JD2040 with a 40 HP diesel, nice loader, 3 point hitch (one of the newest ones there). Now this one you can actually see the bucket. Of course he is asking $10,900 for it. Compared to the other old ones, it appears that my wife many actually be able to drive this one?

Not looking to spend much, but willing to spend $10K for something that will last and perfor the function as opposed to $5K for something that will not really fit the bill.

Know about cars - Do not know much about tractors.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Tractor for haying manure and snow removal

View my Photos
CanuckII
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-23          94144

John Deere is good. Is the dealer backing up the tractor with any kind of time warranty or something? Do you like how it handles? Well get it then- you might like it a whole lot more than your wife in a few years! ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login