Go Bottom Go Bottom

Size of Tractor MF GC2310

View my Photos
JMiller
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-21          80554

Good day,

New guy doing research, lots of info on this site, lots of choices!!

We have a 12 acre property in Eastern Ontario;4-lawn, gardens and fields, 5-pine trees(10-20ft tall), and 4 of mixed bush with small pond. I am currently looking at the MF GC2310, Kubota BX or Kioti CK. I am looking for a tractor to move dirt, gravel, stones, snow, mulch and firewood. Possibly to till a vegtable garden, could rent portable tiller. I would like a backhoe for digging trenches to run water lines to a barn, planting trees, digging out small tree stumps, excavating small ponds, and possibly digging around our homes foundation to redo the drainage tile. We may use the tractor to cut the lawn, we currently have a Sears 19HP lawn tractor. Could also use it to blow snow.

My dilemma is size of tractor, can a GC2310 due the above backhoe work or would it be to much? Is 470lbs in a loader enough to make it worth while. We want to do lots of small landscaping projects over the years and would like to get the right tractor the first time. Money is an issue, with the good financing rates could afford approx. 20,000 CDN. A local dealer says I should go with a MF1428V or MF1429, without really knowing what I need, another says he sells lots of the GC2300 / 2310's. Any help would be great.

Thanks in advance,

J Miller

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-21          80556

Personally I have made the mistake of purchasing a tractor that is a little too small. I now feel you want at least 25 hp PTO, uless you have very little acreage.
A lot of older equipment is sized in this range as the older CUT, Ford 8N, Oliver Super 55, Fergusion, etc were this size. If you are buying used hay rakes etc they will be in this size range.
There are a couple of value leaders such as the NH TC30, Kioti 3054 SX or JD 790 which are of similar price to the small rigs. The TC30 is available with a hydro. ....

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-21          80581

It would be hard to put a tractor/loader/backhoe package together in the US for under $20K.

The BX23 and the GC2310 are the only machines I know of that fall into that price range, especially if you add a blower to the package.

If price is the limiting factor, then your field is narrowed to those models. The good news is they will both do the jobs you outlined. A bigger, more expensive machine may do it faster, but not better.

The 460 pound lift capacity is matched in both models to a 5 cubic foot bucket capacity.... meaning they will both lift as much wet soil as they can hold.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login