Go Bottom Go Bottom

NEED HELP- HN TC29D JD 4210 OR CASE DX29

View my Photos
jmasengale
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-01-21          47920

I am looking to buy a new tractor. Wanting a 28-30 hp with a hydro transmission and front end loader. I have narrowed it down to a new holland TC29D with the new holland loader, John Deere 4210 with ehydro and the john deere loader, or a Case DX29 with the case loader. I know the hew holland and case are the same tractors but the case is priced about 200.00 less, both dealers seam to be really nice and have a good service dept and within a 45 minute drive. The John deere dealer is in my town and i have known the salesman for over 10 years and he has given me a good price of 16,500. All of thes tractors with hydro and loaders are with in 500.00 of each other, which one should i go with? thanks for any help, i hope to decide by feb 1.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
jmasengale

2003-01-25          48157

does anyone know anything good or bad about these tractors? ....

View my Photos
Rick Seymour

2003-01-26          48175

I have a TC29D with the New Holland loader. I've put 360 hours on it and have been very satisfied. All 3 tractors you are looking at are good. Drive each one and pick the one that seems to be the best fit for you, and from the dealer you are most comfortable with. ....

View my Photos
jmasengale

2003-01-26          48186

thanks rick
The only problem is that i have driven them all and they all are very nice. all three dealers seam to be very nice. the jd dealer is only five minutes away and the other two are about 30-40 minutes away from my house. all three tractors are priced within $500.00 of each other. ....

View my Photos
Jeff Earthwerks Unli

2003-01-26          48207

I've got a TC33D and am basically happy with it. NH supposed Customer Service is about the worst I have come across. They have college kids answering calls---who aren't even NH employees--(they are a contracted service much like an answering service) that have no knowledge of the product.

Beside the human aspects of NH, the tractor is good. I have the deluxe model with the cruise control and tilt wheel and Super Steer--gotta have Super Steer! It's the perfect size for doing commercial landscaping and brushhogging--easy to trailer. Lots of power (33hp--more is better in this case) ....

View my Photos
Dana Trumpp

2003-01-26          48213

If it me, I would choose the local dealer. If & when something happened- he is only 5 min from you. This makes it very handy. ....

View my Photos
Pacesetter

2003-01-27          48283

Under your circumstances, I would go with the Deere too. You know the salesman, the dealer is closest and the price is in the ballpark. Your buddy wants you to deal with him because Deere usually isn't in the ballpark with the other guys pricewise.
I have only one suggestion. I would ask your buddy about the 4310. Both Deere dealers I went to advised me to seriously consider that model over the 4210. Horsepower in tractors is like money in the bank, you can never have too much. The most power you can afford in the size you want is usually the best way to go. You can either run a bigger implement or put less strain on the unit running the same size. Both dealers also concluded that the 4410 was too much money over the 4310 for the added benefit, thus the 4310 recommendation.
Good Luck and enjoy your new tractor!
Pacesetter ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login