Go Bottom Go Bottom

Comparing Two Tractors

View my Photos
hansentucson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2015-02-24          192192

I have two tractors that I am comparing for purchase. The tractor will be used for snow blowing driveways.

Tractor 1: Deere 4066R, 66HP engine, rated 54 PTO

Tractor 2: Cabelas, LM55H Turbo, 55HP Engine, 44 PTO

Comparing HP the Deere would be favored; but they both have the same Displacement of 127.6 cu in. Why is there a difference in 11 Horse Power?

Also, the Cabelas tractor seemed to have more torque than the Deere, was quicker off the line where as the Deere really lagged in gaining speed and off the line.

Thoughts? Please help, thanks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Comparing Two Tractors

View my Photos
46bugs

2015-02-25          192195

I have never heard of a Cabelas but you did state that it had a Turbo and that would make a difference in taking off.
Can you get parts in the future fir this tractor? Something you may want to look into.
John Deere parts are very expensive I am rebuilding a John Deere Tractor Engine now. The price of Green is very high.

Have you thought about buying a good one owner use Tractor. May save you some money and still do the same job.

Comparing Two Tractors

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-02-25          192196

I'm no fan of Deere's Ehydro transmission. I've been called upon to help figure out why the error codes keep coming up on these things. In many cases the error codes are due to ice, snow, dirt, twigs, grass, manure, etc. But it's not easy to figure out, due to the stupidity of the engineers.

I always thought tractors were meant to be used in all of these conditions without causing any problems.

Rather than have an "Error Code 1", for example, Deere uses a system of dashes and dots, etc. Without access to Deere's special decoding manual.....which is very expensive.....there's no real way to figure out what the error codes mean. Unless you're a trained JD service tech, those error codes will be entirely meaningless to you.

Search the internet.....or this site...for common problems with the tractors you're comparing. In this day and age there's no excuse for blind purchases.

Joel ....

Comparing Two Tractors

View my Photos
dtk1952

2015-02-25          192200

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46bugs | view 192195
I have never heard of a Cabelas but you did state that it had a Turbo and that would make a difference in taking off. Can you get parts in the future fir this tractor? Something you may want to look into.John Deere parts are very expensive I am rebuilding a John Deere Tractor Engine now. The price of Green is very high.Have you thought about buying a good one owner use Tractor. May save you some money and still do the same job.
According to TractorData.com Cabela's tractor are rebranded TYM tractors. TYM is a South Korean company that assembles their tractors in the USA. I don't know how true that is as the tractor that I looked at when I was at Cabela's had a label that stated it was manufactured in China, thereby causing me to lose all interest in them. ....

Comparing Two Tractors

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2015-03-16          192373

You are comparing something from nearly the top to the bottom(my personal feelings) check Cabela's service center and parts system.
There are reasons which without knowing the set up of the tractors makes it hard to say why. Are you looking to drag race? ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login