Go Bottom Go Bottom

HELP Which one Orange or Blue

View my Photos
SOB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-06-14          17181

I'm looking for some info folks. I've been reading the posts which you all talk about different model 's and makes of tractors, but I'm confused about what they look like and how big they are. I'd like to know if there's a site to view pix of these tractors?Also.. I've got about 10 acres of fields that I need to cut and do routine tractor stuff(hauling, york rakeing, maybe some discing) What size and type tractor would you guys reccomend. I've got and old Ford 9n now, so I'm looking to upgrade! Thanks!SOB

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
John Shade

2000-06-14          17192

You can go to the link that I list below for New Holland or to Carver Equipment that sponsers this sight to look at Kubota. The model #'s are not as complicated as they appear once you read about them & go see them at the dealer. Buy as much horsepower as you can afford within size range that can manage within the tasks on your property. The broad range of 20 to 35 hp would probably meet your needs depending on exactly what you will be doing. Will you need a loader, run a cultivator, mow around alot of obstacles??? These are just the beginning of types of things that you have to consider. You can probably stay within the basic size of the 9N but add 4 wheel drive along today's technology which will mean a world of difference with respect to ease of operation & safety. For what it's worth, I just bought a TC33D NewHolland Boomer w/loader & some other options, but Kubota was just as good of a tractor, but more costly where I am & I just liked the NH dealer much more & he was closer... ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
Bird Senter

2000-06-14          17193

You might also want to look at the specs and pictures of the various Kubota models at their own site (the link below). ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
SOB

2000-06-15          17212

Thanks guys. John, I liked the look of the Boomer.Are yu happy with it? I bet they're expensive tho. They look prety state of the art. I'd like to get a loader also. Since they're diesel, is there a big difference between 20-35hp? I'd like to spend in the neighborhood of 15-18K. Is that a real number??? My 9n is ok for some of my chores, but its 61 yrs old, so its gettin a little tired, and so am I from clutching all the time too!!! ....

View my Photos
Andy

2000-06-15          17213

SOB, I drive green and IMHO color doesn't matter much. I would buy as much tractor as you can afford. Try all of the colors and buy the one you feel comfortable operating. Lastly, buy from a reputable dealer that makes you feel confident and comfortable. ....

View my Photos
Frank R Taylor

2000-06-15          17220

I drive a 24hp Kubota B2400 and for my needs it is almost ideal. More than enough tractor for the 2-1/2 acre lawn and just enough power for 10 hilly steep acres of pasture. I think the color you drive is a matter of personal taste. The ergonomics vary from machine to machine but the quality seems to be much the same from JD, NH and Kubota. For me it was a balance of weight and power. Stepping up from the B2400 would have meant an additional 500 lbs or so on the Kubota and up to a 1000 lbs on the others. I didn't really want to run that much weight accross my lawn on R4's so I chose the Kubota and have been very happy. It might have been nice to step up a couple of sizes just for the ability to use larger impliments eg., my B2400 can only use a 4' bush hog and a 5' would have been useful but otherwise I haven't missed the additional power. I would have though that for $18K you would have been able to put together a pretty nice combination in the 30hp range with FWD and hydro with FEL and 3-pt grooming mower and rotary cutter especially in the Boomers which seem to be a little less expensive that the Kubotas and JDs. Good luck with your new toy. You'll be surprised at the difference in the new machines. I still bust my butt on a 45 year old JD 820 at the farm but it just keeps going and going so there is no reason to change it out. ....

View my Photos
John Shade

2000-06-15          17233

I like my Boomer so far. The tac did stop working & the dealer has one ordered one for me. My TC33D (33 horse power) with Super Steer & loader cost me $16500 which is a GREAT deal. The best price that I got for a Kubota B2910 (30 horsepower) with loader was $17000. The New Holland is larger, heavier & has updated technology & ergonomics. The Kubota has an impressive drive train (great hydrostat transmission) & excellent maintenance track record. One important factor, which others on this board will probably repeat, was that I really liked the New Holland dealer & he gave me a GREAT deal & a "warm & fuzzy feeling" regarding his desire to service my needs as his customer. He, his wife, & daughter ran this small dealership I trust him. He gave my daughter a toy Boomer! The Kubota dealer was also a New Holland dealer, BUT spent most of his time talking down the Boomers & trying to "sell me" instead of service my business. This guy was a "salesman" ;( Good luck & have fun shopping - Don't get in a hurry... I emailed some comparison specs for some similar JD, Kubota, NH & Cub Cadet models for you to review... ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2000-06-16          17243

As someone who uses compacts commercially (and have for 15 years), I can tell you that which brand is better is a worthless question (no offence intended). A better question is which DEALER is best. IMHO most machines (as with pickups, etc.) are pretty much the same, the difference is in the details, a friend of mine puts it best, he loves my Ford P/up and would buy one except he says he has a "Chevy butt", he cannot sit comfortably in my truck, he is not used to the position of the controls, etc. The most important thing is find a unit you are comfortable on (this will be the safest, easiest, and most satisfing unit for you) and is affordable for you. Talk to owners in your area and visit all the dealers (questioning an owner waiting at service is often a good indicator of dealer satisfaction) to see if there is one that stands out above the rest. My dealer gets my business (Orange by the way) because he goes the extra distance, literally, it is not unusual for him to drop off one of his used units when he picks up mine after a break-down (luckily this is not very often) or send the machanic to my site if it sounds like an easy fix. I have never been charged anything but the dealers standard shop rates for this level of service. Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
SOB

2000-06-16          17246

Thanks Murf! I've gotten alot of helpful info from you guys.Now I just have to go out and kick some tires....... ....

View my Photos
Russ DenBleyker

2000-06-16          17247

Amen, Murf ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login