Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tractor Size for 18 Cu Ft Manure Spreader

View my Photos
Ozalways
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-02-04          124076

I only need a tractor to pull a rather small manure spreader around my four horse/five acre property. What size should I look at? Any suggestions as to best brands to buy? Also, range of prices for new vs. used? I prefer used but will go to new if I have to.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-02-04          124077

Some times we get carried away here and think of other things that might get done faster and better by a newer or bigger tractor. Not knowing all your conditions it's hard to find additional purposes to use a tractor. On basic level gound you could pull that size spreader with a shaft drive garden tractor. ....

View my Photos
Doc
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-02-04          124079

Art
I am not sure what kind of manure spreader Ozalways has, but 18 cubic feet is 'extremely' small. Reminds me of the old gear driven one my dad had in the 50's, that was originally designed for horses to pull. Dont believe he would need much of a tractor to pull it or run it, even if it is a pto run unit.
doc ....

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-02-04          124080

AT that size they are ground drive. ....

View my Photos
oneace

2006-02-04          124082

Well once you have the tractor. You might want to load it with a front end loader. Clean out the stalls mow the pastures. The list goes on and on. Look at the BX series. Good value for what you are getting. and at just a few $$ over a decent garden tractor and so much more versatile. ....

View my Photos
Iowafun

2006-02-06          124130

I ran a bigger manure spreader last spring with my JD 4310. It did fine with it. Wear a hood when spreading as it flings it everywhere. It was fun to watch. It was a borrowed spreader, so I am unsure of how big it is. But you won't need that much of tractor. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login