Go Bottom Go Bottom

Subject A good safety idea

View my Photos
lbrown59
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-07-13          132117

Next time you come home for the night and you go to put your keys away, think of this: It's a security alarm system that you probably already have and requires no installation.
Start keeping your car keys next to your bed on the night stand when you go to bed at night. If you think someone is trying to get into your house, or if you hear a noise outside your house, press the panic alarm on your car key chain. Test it! It will go off from most everywhere inside your house and will keep honking until your battery runs down or until you reset it with the button on the key fob chain. It works if you park in your driveway or garage.

If your car alarm goes off when someone is trying to break in your house, odds are the burglar, or rapist, won't stick around.....after a few seconds all the neighbors will be looking out their window to see who is out there and sure enough the criminal won't want that.

Try yours to make sure it works before you rely on it. Just know that you must press the alarm button again to turn it off.

And remember to carry your keys while walking to your car in a parking lot. The alarm can work the same way there.....

This is something that should really be shared with everyone. Maybe it could save a life or a sexual abuse crime

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-07-13          132124

This may be a good idea for some but.... the panic buttons for both of our cars (Ford and Toyota) go off all the damn time just from sitting on them or getting banged around in my wifes purse. Whoever designed these did a poor job. Sometimes I want to glue a cover over the buttons to prevent the alarm from being accidentally activated. ....

View my Photos
SG8NUC
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-07-13          132125

It is a lot of fun when they go off in a crowded parking lot. I love it when everone looks a the nuts trying to find the off button. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-07-14          132134

Something else very simple but often over looked, keep car doors locked while driving even in parking lot or sitting there. A lady was pulling into park at Wal Mart in the middle of the afternoon (in other words full day light) as she was parking a man hopped in and kidnapped her as his partner followed in stolen pickup. She was never found even with video showing the action very well. ....

View my Photos
Iowafun

2006-07-14          132149

The alarm also works to shut up the neighbor's cats when they start fighting below your window at 1 am.

My kid loves to play with my keys and loves buttons. She's triggered the alarm several times now. But since I live the country, it only annoys me. Have the alarm going off or listen to the kid scream when I take the keys away to shut off the alarm...lose either way. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login