Go Bottom Go Bottom

I got pulled over today

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-28          131520

Had a stressful day at work. Been down a couple of days due to illness. MAde one stop to get something and it wasn't there. Another stop didn't have as many as I wanted. The a cop pulls in behind me and starts trailing me. Right turn at stop light. Dang, he's still there. Left turn at stop sign... is that his lights on? Yep! Damm...where can I pull over. Dammit, what else can go wrong today? Bob Segar is the radio with "Old Time Rock and Roll" and now I gotta shut off cause I'm pulled over. WTF? I wasn't speeding. Do I have a brake light out? What's he calling in? Ok, he's out. What's that in his hand?

"I pulled you over for safe driving." "huh?" WTF is blazing through my mind. Apparently he liked my safe driving so he pulled me over and gave me a coffee mug that I can fill for free at participating restaurants in town. Shoot, nice way to end the day I guess. I got a thank you and he went on his way.

Now I have a story to tell and a mug to fill for free. All that just because I was trying not take out the old guy on the corner that's bad to turn for long trucks like my F250. I'd rather have a hot woman flash me, but I'll take it.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

I got pulled over today

View my Photos
ncrunch32
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-06-28          131522

Nice, but I like the idea of the "hot woman flash" better :) ....

I got pulled over today

View my Photos
Murf

2006-06-29          131533

I had a pleasant experience like that this spring too, but kept it quiet, until now, I may as well spill the beans.

I was out early one morning to clear some snow at my airport, there are a few spots along the way, which is on a busy secondary highway and is a *major* commuter route, where the Provincial cops (our State Troopers if you will) like to pull in and watch for maniacs and accidents, there's usually lots of both!!

As I came up the highway I saw the nose of a cruiser stuck out of a driveway leading to some vacant farm fields, but something didn't look right. I slowed up to have a peek, and sure enough, as I pulled up I could see that the Passenger's side rear wheel was just over the edge and into the ditch, just enough to give him no traction to get back out.

As I pulled up he got out and came over, I asked if he wanted out and he replied that he did, but he couldn't pay me for it, so I told him I wasn't asking for money, just if he wanted out. He was very happy, I guess between not wanting to radio in that he was stuck, and the length of time he would have to wait on a day like that, and out in the boonies for a tow truck, he was mighty glad to have a hand out.

The cruiser had one of those big push bumper afairs on it, and Ifigured it wouldn't take much to tug him out, so I just put a big rope between his pusher, and my plow mount. Sure enough, he was out in 2 seconds, no fuss, no muss!! When he pulled out I did him one better, I dropped the plow and made two passes to open up the driveway for him. He thanked me profusely and I left and I gave it no further thought. I never even mentioned it to my wife later (thankfully).

Then one fine day, I was on my way home early from a clients place, it was in the high 70's out, and there wasn't a cloud in the sky! A perfect early summer day. I had lots of time to get home, changed, and over to the airport for a couple hours of converting Avgas into air turbulence!! Wooo-hoo!!

So I loaded up the wife and off we went for a little quality time. OF course the usual comment was made, "Honey, we're not in the plane yet! Slow down!". And then as I topped a small hill on that same highway in the Bimmer, there up ahead sticking out of the bushes was the nose of a white car. A white car with a big push bumper!!!

Sure enough, as I got closer, a cop strolled out the edge of the road to flag me over!!! There was silence from the passenger seat.......

The cop walked up to my window, asked for my paperwork, glanced at it, looked me square in the eye, smiled and said "You had better take it a little slower in bad snowy weather like this Mr. Murphy, I wouldn't want you to end up in a snowbank or ditch in this lovely car. Have a nice day and take it a little easier, huh?" handed me my papers and walked back to his cruiser!!!

It was the cop I had rescued months earlier!!

My wife was dumb-founded, we pulled away and all she could say was "Is that cop nuts? Snow??", I just smiled and said nothing.

What goes around comes around.

Best of luck. ....

I got pulled over today

View my Photos
yooperpete

2006-06-29          131536

Sometimes your lucky and sometimes you ain't.

Couple of summers ago I was heading back downstate at 6:30 one saturday morning to help a friend build a garage. I had a friend along that was a former roommate in college that lived in California. I was cruising through East Tawas talking with my friend and not paying much attention. Hardly no traffic. I noticed a cop heading toward me and he started doing a U turn as we met. I looked down and saw I was doing 50 in a 35. As I rolled down the window, I acknowledged going to fast, said I was sorry and gave him my drivers license and CCW permit.

Told the young cop that I had a few guns along. He asked how many a few was and I said about 10-15 and a couple hundred rounds of ammo. Said I was plinking with my friend from California at the hunting property. He smiled and went back to the cruiser. After about 5 minutes he came back, smiled and said keep the speed down and have a good day. I asked him, aren't you gonna give me a ticket. He said "no". I then said Oct. 1967. He said "What's that?" I said, "that's the last time I got a ticket".

I expected to be held for several hours while they looked over my weapons. Thankfully, they didn't look. There were several garbage bags full of empty Mic cans with them.

The other week my wife got pulled over by a woman officer next to a school. It was after school hours. She had driven less than 2 blocks and was timed doing 39 in a 25. She got a ticket for 30 in a 25, that was $117.00 and 2 points. About 5 miles away is another school that has a flashing speed limit sign. After hours, it registers 40 and during school hours it flashes 25. Go figure that one! ....

I got pulled over today

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-06-29          131543

A few years ago I had Highway Patrol to pull me for speeding doing about 60 in a 45 or so zone. I had my crusie on and the limit dropped due to our state hwy going over the interstate (intersetion). When the patrolman asked if I realized I was speeding my polite answer was yes sir, I was running the exact same speed the whole time, even when you RAN past me in this same 45 mph zone. He was polite and told me due to a meeting he was on way to, did not have time to write ticket. Such is life. ....

I got pulled over today

View my Photos
Murf

2006-06-29          131549

My all time favourite was a young Georgia state Trooper pulling a grave yard shift.

Caught me doing 90++ mph in a 55 mph zone with a 32' boat on a tri-axle trailer behind the dually.

He told he was stopping me to look at the boat, and find out what the heck I was driving that would pull it like that!!

When I asked him about the ticket he looked me square in the eye and said something like "Sir, the Justice of the Peace in these parts is a mean old son-of-a-gun, if I charged you with going 90 mph in a dually with a big boat like that out the back, he'd throw *me* in jail for telling a lie!!".

Best of luck. ....

I got pulled over today

View my Photos
SG8NUC

2006-06-29          131552

Something that works for real. I did it about 6 times worked every time. When I was in highschool,way-back-when, I was using a side road to highway 17 in charleston. The side road went through a housing development. It was faster than traffic on 17. I passed a cop comming head on at 70mph I saw him slam on the breaks to turn around so I figured I was toast so I pulled over got out the paper work and waited. He kicked in the Fourbarrel and then saw I was on the side of the road. He jumped out and said to me "you knew you were speeding thats why you pulled over". I very calmly told him I did not know exactly what my speed was but I saw him put on the breaks to turn around to come back and either way I had to get off the road. It did not make any difference if he was after me or had a emergency in the other direction. He told me that if he had to chase me he would have thrown the book at me. Lesson learned never make them chase you if you dont have to. I have never gotten a ticket using this method. ....

I got pulled over today

View my Photos
kthompson

2006-06-30          131572

Funniest story I have ever heard that is suppose to be true was a few years ago. Cop was at a service station at last traffic light to beach in NC when a older pickup burned rubber taking off towards the beach as the light turned green.

He failed to catch him and gave up only to have the pickup pass him going back into town. When he did get him stopped he wanted to see what the guy had under the hood. They say he dropped his jaw as he raised the hood to find the engine area empty.

Seems the souped up engine was in the bed. I don't remember if he was charged, towed or what. ....

I got pulled over today

View my Photos
Murf

2006-06-30          131577

When I was a kid a neighbour, a real gear-head, had shoe-horned a new frame, including a small-block Chev V-8 under a Volkswagen Bug body.

Needless to say he gave more than a few people driving hot cars cause to stop and think when he blew past them at stop lights.

Best of luck. ....

I got pulled over today

View my Photos
Iowafun

2006-06-30          131586

Cops are just people like us. Some are dicks and some are down to earth.

I had one incident when I was driving back to Warsaw, IN on US 30 after a late night concert in Chicago. Theer is one town where the speed limit drops to a 30 mph. I was so zoned/tired I blew right through the change when my radar detector when full tilt. Man that woke me up in a hurry. Cop didn't pull me over, but rode my butt all the way out of town. I'm glad he did that as it woke me up so I could drive the rest of the way safely. Whew! ....

I got pulled over today

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-07-07          131850

Im my area, there is a bottom line. At certain times they are told to write 10 tickets (or 4 or 15 etc). Its real
to finess your way out of tickets from folks you dont know when they have a "job" to do. BTW, You all must have some real hick-ass gearhead policemen. Around my state I will gaurentee you not a ONE will ever ask to see what you have under that hood (unless they are looking for drugs)
Fact is, most times they just want to do their job and get the hell out of there since they dont know if you just killed some one in anouther state, or what they may have done ? Asking to see what is under a hood (when not under suspicion) is just ASSININE! For all you know he has 100 pounds of crack under there, NOW your life is in jepardy! Nope,,, Id write that ticket and tell you to get the hell off my road if your gunna drive that way! LOL

On anouther point, the other night I was traveling to the ER with a daughter that was possibly having an allergic reaction (her throught was swelling up) and she was starting to be short of breath, her blood pressure spiked to 165 over 110 and she was getting flushed. Her Doc over the phone told us to get her to the er.
Needless to say I did not get stopped but while I was only traveling 10 over the speed limit I was not too worried BUT when my wife (the Registered Nurse in my house) told me I better "pick-er up a bit" I had a ticket just waiting for me. Try 75 in a 35. Although the 35mph limit is on a state highway (that happens to go thru town) otherwise I would never travel that fast thru a residential area. It was fun though!!!! Figured I had a decent excuse!!? NAHHHH My force would wrote me up LMAO. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login