Go Bottom Go Bottom

Info on Honda 6522 Compact Tractor

View my Photos
Gary McGrath
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2000-01-24          12211

I am interested in a Honda 6522 compact tractor and would like to know a source for current values. I would also be interested in finding an internet sight that gave the original factory specs. Any help/direction would be greatly appreciated.Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Roger L.

2000-01-25          12225

Honda's compact tractor never did get to be a big seller. It is a 20 HP 3 cylinder diesel with 9Fx3R powershift. 2wd or 4wd models. Quite a bit lighter weight and less robust in construction than most of the competition - and with smaller tires/wheels. It looks like a super lawn tractor instead of a scaled-down farm tractor. I test drove one a couple of times and was impressed by how quiet and responsive that the diesel engine was. It didn't even smoke! Typical Honda in that everything worked right. It also had a very quick turning radius.
Try www.esquirehonda.com ....

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder

2000-01-26          12232

I agree with Roger,
Actually, my search for a compact started with a "used" 6255. Only because I understand they are no longer being sold in the US. Its 22hp motor is extremely quite and smooth. Speaking "strictly" on quality and design..its a typical Honda product..."practically flawless". However, when venturing into the rough and rugged world we place these compacts into, it has a few shortcomings. The belly mower comes in 1 size..60". The loader and mower cannot be mounted at the same time, neither of which was designed for quick removal or installation.
I was told installation for the mower would be about 1/2 hour, and another 45-60 minutes for the loader. It 3pt hitch is a CAT 0, with a rather low Hydraulic GPM pump. And lastly IMHO, its a bit expensive for its offerings and capabilities. Like Roger said, if your plans don't include a loader, and you want one heck of a lawn mower....The 6255 might be the best ride in town. ....

View my Photos
Gary McGrath

2000-01-26          12241

I appreciate your observations. I'm looking for a summer shovel and a winter snow thrower. I need a compact unit (I'm always in tight spots). I think based on what I hear the unit might work for me. But what are they worth. The fact that Honda discontinued the US Dist had to affect there retail value. Does anybody make a appraisel guide? ....

View my Photos
Roger L.

2000-01-26          12244

If you have a fairly mature lawn and garden of 5 acres or less and want to maintain it with mowing, moving things, sod, snow removal....things like that, then I see no reason why the Honda wouldn't be fine. It isn't made for a steady diet of construction work. Esquire Honda is offering the H6522 new without attachments for 20K. (CHOKE!) Kubota, NH, MF, Cub Cadet, or Deere can do more for your money....and those are the high dollar group! Nothing against the Honda; just the price. ....

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder

2000-01-27          12269

Again I have to agree with Roger,
I think you will be disappointed when it comes time to change the equipment you plan to use (blade/snowblower/mower). For what ever reason, and very "un Honda" like. The unit does not allow more than 1 implement to be mounted at any given time. In other words, the wrenches in your toolbox will become your best friends every time you decide to change from the blade or loader to the blower, not counting the 30-45 minutes I was told (by the Honda dealer) it would take to install or remove each, for a total of at least 1 to 1.5 hours to change modes of operation. All this for more money than a brand new JD,Kub,ect...
The Honda dealer was also honest enough to tell me that parts will eventually become part of the waiting game, mainly due to lack of demand from a dealer's stock. Now that I Have a loader which can "easily" be removed/installed in under 3 minutes, and the mower in less than 5 minutes, all without touching a wrench...I'd be a bit disappointed had I bought the Honda. IMHO, its the first Honda product I've seen which cannot compete with what other offer. Probably why it fell out of the US market. ....

View my Photos
5518a4

2007-09-20          145924

hi gary obvious these guys don't know what they are talking about. the 6522 weights more than most of the b series kubota. and has a wider stance and longer wheel base.as far as being built strong ..i compared my 6522 along side of a b 21 kubota industrial tractor that i rented and the front and rear axle housings where bigger and built heaver and so was the the rear hydrulic pump and 3 point hitch.and as far as the one implement at a time tractor is all so not true. you can have the loader and sub frame mounted on the tractor you just have to remove the loader from the sub frame and drive on the mower and hook up.and you can use any 3 point emplement with the mower on and all so the loader. if you want to use your front mount dozer blade or blower or sweeper. just pull the pins on the mower back off. drive over the quick hitch sub frame install two pins and you can switch from the front atacments in seconds. and still use your 3 point hitch with the loader sub frame installed.compare the honda 6522 to any tractor brand and there is no comparison in the fit and finish .it really is the cadillac of compact tractors ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-20          145925

5518a4, welcome to Tractor Point!! :)

Don't be too surprised however if Gary doesn't respond to your post, the thread is now 7.5 years old, and Gary hasn't posted since then.

BTW, which part of Cannuckistan are you from eh?

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-20          145927

Hey this shows that once in a while the search engines do find stuff here on Tractorpoint. I have not seen a Honda Compact Tractor in a long time. Seemed to be a nice machine.

Dennis ....

Picture Link
Tractor Projects Info on Honda 6522 Compact Tractor

View my Photos
5518a4

2008-01-19          150454

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf | view 145925
5518a4, welcome to Tractor Point!! :)Don't be too surprised however if Gary doesn't respond to your post, the thread is now 7.5 years old, and Gary hasn't posted since then.BTW, which part of Cannuckistan are you from eh?Best of luck.

View my Photos
5518a4

2008-01-19          150455

nova scotia ....

View my Photos
Jorgie

2008-02-26          151708

I have a Honda 6522, it came with a blade and what I believe to be a belly mower. (It could be a rear mower... I've never installed it!) Is there a manual available that will show me how to remove the blade and install the Mower? I picked up an original owners manual off of eBay, but it does not have information regarding the implements. I am also looking for several non-crucial body parts like a roll bar and side panel (cowlings) that cover the steering column. Anyone with any information on these items, I would love to hear from you. Jorgie ....

View my Photos
5518a4

2008-02-27          151721

Hi jorgie first off is the blade mounted on the tractor now.if it is a honda 60in dozer blade. flip the lever lock on the quick hitch back away from the blade pull the 2 pins and drop the quick hitch from the tractor then drive over the mower deck to hook it up if it is a honda m mower go to hondatractorheaven.com under information all the manuals are there for the blade quick hitch and mower deck and it explains how to mount and unmount to the tractor the 3 point hitch raises the mower deck on my site i have a 60 in honda mower for the 6522 you can look to see if it is the one you got look under inventory hope this helps travis.holmes@ns.sympatico.ca ....

View my Photos
Jaycameron

2009-10-10          166276

do you still have the honda for sale with attachments? or a honda front mount snowblower? Thanks, Jay ....

View my Photos
yodamon

2010-04-07          169827

Did you ever get the information you needed on the Honda 6522?
I have one and I just completed some body work and a complete paint job. I know how hard it is to find parts and manuals. If I can help...just email me at greg47@comcast.net.

View my Photos
Global958

2014-12-13          191631

Hi having just purchased a 1995 Honda 6522 with cutting deck and not having a clue about them I thought I'd best ask for some help and advice of which any would be greatly appreciated. Firstly its a bit strange at going into gear as once selected it somtimes dosent move and none of the hydraulics seem to be working correctly which lead me to think it may be low on hydraulic and transition fluid but working out how to check or top it up is a mystery???? I have searched everywhere and can't find or work it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated 👍

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login