Go Bottom Go Bottom

NH TC33D Will not Throttle up

View my Photos
pembero
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2019-07-16          198608

Cracked the frame which also cracked the engine block. Replaced the block and have started the engine and it idles. but cannot throttle up. have pulled the timing cover and checked the linkage and all appears to be free and functioning. wondering if i have the return spring in the correct location. does anyone have info on how the spring should be attached.

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2019-07-19          198622

Only simple suggestions:
You are sure the linkage is connected?
Have you tried operating it by hand on the engine itself?
You probably can work the throttle standing beside the tractor have you tried doing so with it not running to see if it is operating the throttle itself? One reason to have it not running is to listen for any odd noise. You may have it connect on the engine but in the process it has gotten bent or disconnect from the linkage. ....

View my Photos
pembero

2019-07-19          198623

Hi Thanks for the response.:) I have checked the throttle operation after assembling the govenor and injectors pump. With the engine off and the fuel shutoff solenoid removed (with a mirror) I can see the throttle moving the fuel control rack on the injector pump. With the engine running, the same check, I don't see the rack moving. It just stays in idling position. My suspicion, is that I'm either missing a spring or have the govenor spring connected to the wrong tab on the govenor control lever. The parts manual does not show the same lever I have. In the parts manual it only shows one tab and I have 3. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2019-07-23          198643

Had hoped someone who knew the answer would have helped by now. Have you checked to see if there is anything on youtube on say adjusting the throttle linkage? I doubt it but...might be. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login