Go Bottom Go Bottom

Loader Forks

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-18          86291

I have been thinking through a set of forks for my LA 402 loader to unload a truck of Vinyl fencing coming next week. The loader bucket doesn't look like anything I want to hang forks from, so I have been thinking of a frame to replace the bucket. Instead of re-inventing something that I'm sure has been done several times, any comments and recommendations would be appreciated. I do steel fabrication all the time, but don't want to make this more work than I need to. Any help out there?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Loader Forks

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-05-18          86293

Beagle, have a look at my picture # 18.

The nice part about this very simple design is that the dimensions are the same whether you have the Kubota quick-change system or not. Their system, BTW, is a real bargain at a retail price of about $150.

The forks are just 'C' channel with a gusset in the corner but will lift 1000 pounds if it's not too far out front.

The whole thing probably didn't cost more than about $100 to make.

Best of luck

Loader Forks

View my Photos
beagle

2004-05-18          86294

Yep, that'll do it. I was trying to get away from removing the bucket, but I doubt there is a good solution with the bucket on.

I'm not familiar with Kubota's quick change system. I'm guessing this allows easier removal of the bucket from the loader frame? For $150 bucks, sound like a deal. I didn't know Kubota sold anything, except hats, for less than $500.

Is it on the website. I would like to check it out. ....

Loader Forks

View my Photos
Murf

2004-05-18          86296

Beagle, send me an email and I will send you some additional images and info. on it, it is a very simple, clever design.

Best of luck. ....

Loader Forks

View my Photos
beagle

2004-05-18          86298

Murf, send to bobp at cbnsteel dot com. Thanks a bunch. ....

Loader Forks

View my Photos
oneace

2004-05-21          86549

How did you make out beagle? Well sell clamp on bucket forks that would be relatively easy to fab you self. I you want I" could take a picture of them and get it to you. They are supported two ways 1 with the bucket and 2 they are shaped like an L with a chain on top to wrap around some thin solid like hooks welded to the top of your bucket or if you have a 4 link system you could tie off tho that. I would not recommend ting off to your cyl rods though. Let me know if you are interested in some pics. ....

Loader Forks

View my Photos
beagle

2004-05-24          86689

I am doing a modified "Murf" set up. Spent the weekend pumping the backyard, so didn't get a lot done. Fence coming tommorrow, it will be a long night. Thanks for the info. ....

Loader Forks

View my Photos
stevenc
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-04          92737

I would NOT reccomend the clamp on forks,,I have seen them destroy a good bucket ....

Loader Forks

View my Photos
oneace

2004-08-04          92742

I sell them every day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
stevenc: You have probably seen people who do not use them right even if you have seen them used at all.
In fact I have not seen you give one good piece of advice since you have came on here. All you ever do is state what has already been said.
Yeah I am an " a$$ h@#& " but I do not really care maybe I should, but half the time your posts do not make any sense at all. Think before you type. ....

Loader Forks

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-08-05          92746

oneace, I joined the board to be a part of enjoying our common intrests of small tractors, impliments, welding projects, etc., and to get my mind off of life's never ending challenges. I was off the board for a period due to a medical condition, but thanks to modern medicine, God above, and a supporting family I'm back enjoying every minute of what I now do. Your remarks to stevenc were totaly out of line. The past post on Kubotas new decal only showed the childishness of Ferria and whom ever else was involved in that name calling mess over nothing. I had told myself I would'nt post on any name calling contest, but your post to stevenc was the straw that broke the camels back. If you guys can't grow up and act civil toward one another I'm afraid this will be my last post. Frank. ....

Loader Forks

View my Photos
oneace

2004-08-05          92753

I called my self a name not stevenc. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login