Go Bottom Go Bottom

Quick attatch loader impl

View my Photos
brokenarrow
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-02-06          76193

I am sure this was asked before but could not find where.
My future dealer asked me if I wanted the quick attatch system for the fel, (like the skid steer attatchments have)
The cost was around $200. or so, Should I get this? It sounds like it is the cats meow but I wonder if it is worth the money. How often would I switch from the bucket to a set of forks (borrowed from a friend that has a skidloader) I was not planning on buying forks or any other front end attatchment other than the bucket?
Thank you
Brokenarrow

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-06          76197

I use my JD quick attach all the time to swap between the bucket and grapple. The JD quick attach is real fast and easy to use but I wish it was of the universal skid steer type because those implements are cheaper. Anyway, I think if you had it you wouldn't regret it. ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-02-06          76198

Thanks
You know the more I think about it, the more I like the idea. I will not be 39 years old for ever and the older I get the less I will want to do more work rather than less work to change attatchments ....

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-02-06          76200

For mowing the bucket is often in the way. Instead of removing the loader every time I mow I just remove the bucket. Flip 2 levers and drop the bucket off.

View my Photos
AC5ZO
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-02-08          76337

I have quick attach on my NH. I have a heavy duty skid steer bucket that I use on it along with skid steer pallet forks. Quick attach is also useful, because a lot of rental yards will rent you a special purpose bucket that will go right on the FEL mount. I agree with the previous statement about having no bucket on the loader, sometimes too. No bucket reduces any danger of inadvertant contact while maneuvering in tight spaces. Lift capacity on your FEL will be reduced somewhat by the quick attach because of the extra mechanism, but the quick attach mechanism is actually lighter than a bucket, so the FEL capacity is higher if you lift right from the bare quick attach frame.
Seek help if you don't know how to do this safely. ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-02-08          76343

So all in all what the board says is that it is worth the 300 dollars for the quick unit to be put on? I really do think though that I would rarely use any other attatchment than the bucket? Other than forks, what would I have a use for the front end for that I may be missing? Also how difficult is it to take the fel off if you have the NH pin system. Not trying to get to cheap here but every $300 is half of anouther attatchment
Thanks ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-02-08          76349

If you're sure you won't need to remove the bucket there's no reason to pay for the quick attach. I would hope it could be added later if needed. No personal experience, but I understand it takes maybe half an hour to change front attachments without a quick attach. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2004-02-08          76353

You could add pallet forks a front blade or a stone bucket. ....

View my Photos
AC5ZO

2004-02-08          76367

I switch back and forth between bucket and pallet forks all the time. I also lift metal structures that are at the peak weight capability of my FEL/Tractor and shedding 300# and getting the load closer to the pivot helps.

A rock bucket is one of the most common accessories that I don't need every day, but it is useful. I have a straight cutting edge on my bucket and a toothed bucket might also be useful in some circumstances. ....

View my Photos
wtimpe

2004-02-08          76369

Hi
I got an 430 fel John Deere. I made my own skid loader.It cost about $350 for mine verses the $1000 john deere wanted.Use more than thougt I would.I like the quick atach pull 2 pins out ready to come off.
Warren ....

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2004-02-08          76384

That quick attach will be worth the $200 many times over.
Dave ....

View my Photos
wbowhunt

2004-02-08          76392

I did not get the quick attach on my FEL, For one, the dealer never offered and two, I didn't think of it till later, But to be honest, the only other FE attachment I may ever use is a bale spear ( Although I doubt it, I think I would use 3pt on my smaller tractor ) I looked at and asked about the whole FEL assembly and saw how easy that was to drop the whole FEL for when I am mowing or concerned with manuvering, so for me it just was not worth it, I may live to regret it someday, but for now I just don't forsee ANY use in my future. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2004-02-09          76420

If you do opt for the QT plate one fo the first things you will want is a 3pth adapter.

If you have ever used implements like a rake on the FEL instead of out back you''ll wonder how you ever did it before. Other items like a wood-splitter are really handy out front too, other than the much better access, it leaves the hitch free for pulling a trailer, and if your really talented you can split big blocks where they lay .

Spend the money, you will a) quickly find LOTS of uses for it, and b) your back will thank you over and over again.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2004-02-09          76495

Thanks guys, the quick tach is now on the order form. I just got a price I could not refuse, unreal what shopping will do for you, within 100 miles of me I had 3 qoutes and the biggest difference was 1,550, and 1,200 dollars. I am never going to impulse buy again (I think)
Thanks again for all the advice ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login