Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tooth Bar for B2910 Loader

View my Photos
Nellie
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-06-24          39821

Anyone have any comments on adding a toothbar on the LA402 loader. Is it worth the money? How much does it improve the digging ability? I don't want to use it as a backhoe, but I have mounds of dirt that are hard packed.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
matt_barb

2002-06-30          39936

This sounds like an impressive bucket edge. I am planning on getting one in the near future. Do a search on Rezloh and you will find several sites with testimonials. If you do get one of these please make a post and let us all know what you think. I will do the same ....

Link:   Rezloh - Cutting Edge

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-07-01          39947

That make tooth bar is a good one to use but you should look for one that slides over the current edge and bolts onto the sides of the bucket for easy removal. The tooth edge makes back grading harder to get a good finish. ....

View my Photos
lsheaffer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-07-01          39971

I have bolt in toothbars. They make a big difference when digging. For more info contact me at sheaftractor@coiinc.com ....

View my Photos
chim

2002-07-07          40120

I made a toothbar for my LA302. It slips over the existing cutting edge of the loader bucket, and attaches simply with two 3/8" stainless bolts. It has made a trememdous difference in working with packed dirt, scraping up weeds and brush, grabbing and moving tree limbs, etc. Just yesterday it was put to good use. We were planting a bed of flowers that had been untouched for a long time. The walk-behind tiller was bouncing around and not making much progress. The 'Bota was sitting nearby serving as what one poster termed a "diesel wheelbarrow". After a while, I moved the tiller out of the way and brought the tractor over. Teeth down, front wheels off the ground, wiggling bucket back and forth, then curling to pry the concrete-like dirt loose worked quite effectively. Then back with the tiller.

There have been two times when the loader worked better without the toothbar. Both were when scooping loose stones from a pile. One time it was large rock (between baseball and football sized) for filling a washout. The second was with 2A modified (3/4" stone w/ dirt and fines). For the 2A, I was working off a pile that was on my paved driveway, so I didn't want to be leaving tooth scrapes on the blacktop.

A couple pieces of flat stock, weld-on tooth bases and replaceable teeth, a little prep time and an evening with an arc welder was all it took. I forget what the total was, but it was close to $90-something................chim ....

View my Photos
Nellie

2002-07-27          40718

Chim where did you get your weld on tooth bases and the teeth? ....

View my Photos
chim

2002-07-27          40747

There's a farm equipment dealer (Binkley & Horst) between Lititz and Ephrata PA where I found a selection. I'd think any decent equipment dealer would have them. The teeth come in various sizes. The ones I used were the smallest they stock, and were plenty large for my bucket. The weld-on teeth were drilled for the roll pin that holds the replaceable tooth on. As one of the other guys who made his own bar stated, assemble the teeth prior to welding. The roll pins take considerable pounding to install them. When the bar is finished there's not much room between teeth to hammer them in. I'll try to post a pic...........chim ....

Picture Link
Loaders Back Hoes Tooth Bar for B2910 Loader

View my Photos
1st JD

2002-08-24          41591

I priced teeth from a CAT dealer yesterday and he quoted $39 each!! Added up to alot more than I wanted to spend. I need to find another source. ....

View my Photos
chim

2002-08-24          41592

Prices on the parts I used:

Weld-on bases for teeth = 12L6DW-8-2A-H........$9.95/ea
Replaceable teeth for above = T41166.............$3.08/ea
Roll Pin = 38-32028...............................$0.79/ea

...............chim ....

View my Photos
TomG

2002-08-25          41605

Good looking job. Guess I get by with the scarifiers on my box scraper, but if I didn't have the box, I'd sure want something like that. Lots of times neither the loader nor box blade will dig much without some toothy encouragement. I suppose that I have to get my welding act back together one of these days. I only had a gas welder and I’d probably buy an arc. I hear that arc is supposed to be easier anyway. ....

View my Photos
1st JD

2002-08-25          41612

Thanks for the quick response Chim. I will have to check other suppliers tomorrow. Can you tell me what brand/company those part numbers are from? I read the Binkley & Horst part but I am not close to there (Northeast PA). I like your homemade bar alot better than the ones I have seen the manufacturers selling. Seems like when you want somthing done right, ... ....

View my Photos
chim

2002-08-26          41640

I don't know the brand. The numbers could belong to the manufacturer, or they may be B&H's. Contact info is on their site, listed below. If you don't want to buy without seeing them with your own eyes, they could likely tell you who made them. I would expect any decent tractor shop to stock them. You could also check with a place that sells or rents backhoes...............chim

Link:   B&H

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login