Go Bottom Go Bottom

Anybody know of an inexpensive Rezloh 1-pc toothbar

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-12-24          149608

I've been looking at one-piece and three-piece toothbars made by Rezloh. I saw some on eBay for $600. They sell at the NH dealer for $1200--can you say: "G-o-u-g-i-n-g". I knew you could :)

Does anyone make a less expensive version of this?

Picture Link

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-12-24          149609

EW; The local steel supplier I use keeps loader bucket blade stock on hand in any length you want. Just judging from your picture, a piece of blade stock and a couple hours with a plasma cutter would make you something pretty similar for a lot less money. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-12-25          149612

Franky, that sounds like an offer to make me one, is that right? Ooooooh I caaaaan't wait!!!!

I heard you're good with wood (or that's what you tell us hehehe), so I gotta see what you can do with steel! ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-12-25          149614

EW; I had to sell my Plasma cutter when we moved to the new shop building because of not having enough voltage here
I don't remember the elecrical requirements, but it would clean cut one inch plate like it was butter without overheating and distorting the steel. That was why I suggested using blade stock and a plasma cutter. If you had needed it three years sooner I could have hacked one out in a couple hours. Frank. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-12-25          149616

Well before THAT happens again, what would you like to do for me now before you get rid of anything? :) ....

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2007-12-25          149618

Although it does sound high, Im sure it would outlast the China version on E-Bay? LOL.
Like ya always said, there are some things you can skimp on and others you should look to quality for. C-Mon,,, someone who can afford a LS180 surely can spring for a $1200 bar? ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-12-25          149620

Broken just to keep you honest, the 03' LS180 was traded for a new '05 LS185.b which is turboed and 78 HP vs. the LS180.b (non turbo) of the same year which is 63 HP. I forget what the LS180 was rated at.

Speaking of which, what did you end up buying, eh?

Oh and the eBay tooth bars are made by Rezloh--just on clearance price since they were an odd size. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-12-25          149623

EW; Just get in line, if I live long enough to get everything done for myself let alone others I've promised, I'll be one mighty old feller. You can buy a light duty plasma cutter and the bar stock, cut it yourself and have some jingling money left over. Frank. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-12-26          149632

HW, having something to do, does help people live longer. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2007-12-26          149634

Earthworks:

A possible reason that the toothbar is expensive is that it may be made out of AR plate. We normally made stuff out of AR400 which is 400 Brinel hardness. That material workhardens and get tough than HeXX from abrasion. That stuff is used on blade edges for the highway department.

Drilling the holes for mounting and milling the tooth notches requires carbide tooling that even wears fast.

If I had a sketch for shape and pattern we could cut it on the waterjet. We would use a carbide milling cutter to cut the bevel. Could give you a quote if you like but need dimensions first.

The local foundry uses some stuff in the sandblast area that is really, really tough and the material chemistry is such that a plasma or normal torch wouldn't even cut it.

I'm guessing we could build it for under $600.00 depending on size. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-12-26          149636

Kthompson; I'd like to follow in my Dad's footsteps. He lived to be 95 and never missed a day in the shop till he was 92. I'm kinda useing Dad's advice when I told EW to buy a plasma cuter and do it himself. Dad wouldn't hire anybody to do anything he could do himself. Frank. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-12-26          149637

Frank, I hope you do. KT ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-12-26          149638

Yooper, I have seen some that looked like they were a regular cutting edge but then were reworked professionally with some sort of cutting tool (flame, water, laser, EDM, etc.) that left an arch-shaped cutout equal width of the tooth on either side. And the cut was perpendicular to the cutting edge surface. The Rezloh bar though is made from 1" thick material and the tops of the spaces or cutouts have gullets that are at the same angle as the tooth tip angle. And the they're squared at the top ends of the cutout not arched. That probably makes it easier to dig dirt without it getting caught in the arch-shape.

The pix below shows the side view of the leading edge, then the top of the gullet, then the back of the cutting egde.

Rezloh: / / I
Other: / I I ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2007-12-26          149639

Earthworks:
Most waterjets only cut perpendicular to the worksurface. I was watching Orange County Choppers and they have one with a programmable tilt head axis to make fancy inscription in gas tanks, fenders and other chopper art pieces.

I converted one of our machines to have fixed tilt capabilites of 5,10,15 & 30 degrees. I understand what you are saying about it being self-cleaning with the scallop shape.

We can cut rubber, glass, ceramic tile, granite and steel up to 6" thick and the bed easily accepts pieces up to 4ft. x 8ft. and we can go a little longer if necessary.

We would have to make a computer drawing. If you want something not so fancy we could hand cut it with the plasma cutter.

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-12-26          149652

Yooper:Kewl. I need an "engineering sample", you know, so I can do some R&D over the next year or so, before I see if I want to place a multi-million dollar PO with you :) if ya get my drift :) What's that saying that goes: You can the guy out of automotive (industry) but not the automotive out of the guy.

Seriously, if you to procure the cutting edge locally, what would I be looking at total inc. shipping to 48134?
I need about 74". ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2007-12-27          149658

Earthworks:
Give me a couple of days to work on it with a variation in design. I want to review their U.S. Patent 6363633. I don't want to infringe on it. If their patent is very specific about the shape I may be able to easily get around it.

Do you already have a specific hole spacing in your bucket for mounting? If so, can you tell me the size and spacing! ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-12-27          149664

I'll see if I can get that today. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login