Go Bottom Go Bottom

69 Ford 2000 gasser with loader--need Vickers front pump

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-07-24          144001

I'm working on a '69 3-cyl gas, Ford 2000. The front hydraulic pump for the loader is shot as is the coupler to the engine crank. Can't seem to find any info on the Vicker vane-type pump. I can find piston-types all day but no vanes. Any ideas where to get this ASAP without breaking the bank?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
candoarms
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-07-24          144004

Earthwrks,

Please give Pete's Tractor a chance to help you.

From Pete's Tractor Salvage website.....

Ford Major and Fordson
Ford --- 2N, 8N, 9N up to 9000

See the link below.......

Good Luck.

Joel ....

Link:   

Click Here

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-07-25          144006

Earthwrks,

SSB Tractor shows a parts rebuild kit for the Ford 2000 Piston Pump. (You mentioned that yours is a vane style) Not sure if this will work for you.

Ford Pump Rebuild Kit
Product ID: FDPRK406Q
$ 74.20

This hydraulic pump rebuild kit piston pump fits 2000, 3000, 4000 and replaces CKPN600A.

SSB Tractor also lists several Ford 2000 Rebuilt pumps. I don't know if they will fit your particular tractor, but you can give them a call.

See the link below.......

Joel ....

Link:   SSB Tractor

View my Photos
Murf

2007-07-25          144012

Jeff, define "shot"......

Is it busted up, or just not making pressure? If it's not hand grenaded too bad it can likely be fixed easy enough.

There's a British family near here that run a really big hydraulics shop, they are a big Vickers dealer. I haven't found anything they couldn't fix yet.

Short of that if you can give me the spec's I can look up the replacement you need in a 'regular' style pump from Proince or whoevers pumps are most common over there.

Or I can gas up the boat and put a couple of cold ones in the cooler and you can bring it up and fish while they fix it here. ;)

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-07-25          144026

Shot:
an attempt to score in a game,
a chance to do something,
the act of putting a liquid into the body by means of a syringe,
a solid missile discharged from a firearm...

Oh, the pump! The splines on the shaft are gone as are the the ones inside the coupler. There are no numbers on the pump. Every shop I called has some young kid answering calls and don't know "sh___ from Shine-ola (brown shoe polish)" like ma' used to say. ....

View my Photos
candoarms

2007-07-25          144028

Earthwrks,

All you'll find is young snots answering the phones. All the old, experienced folks, are greeting customers at WalMart. hehehe.

Joel ....

View my Photos
Murf

2007-07-26          144046

Jeff, I'll have to do some digging, but if memory serves me, the hub on the pump is an adaptor of sorts, and it and the shaft are readily available, they went fairly often. Depending on the model the set is between $40 & $75, the hub is sort of like a trailer idler hub, excpet splined in the center, with either 4 studs, or 4 threaded holes.

Joel, as my favourite comedian says, "I don't care who you are, that's funny right there!"

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-07-26          144055

Earthwrks, help me here...When one loses all their SPINES, is there any backbone left?

But I just asking..

I believe I had rather just lose one tooth. :) ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-07-26          144059

Murf the adaptor is a cast steel or iron, about 5" across and shaped like a Dexter trailer wheel hub (I suppose) or a 4-lobed spider. No threaded holes, but 4 rubber bushings. Splined hole is through.

The RG Show, Canadian Air Farce, This Hour Has 22 Minutes, and other shows were ones I badly missed when down south. Web TV on a wireless laptop was not the way to watch them. My buddy's wife can imitate the "Man Pledge" pig squeal and Harold's laugh perfectly. She can do other things but this is a family forum. Hahahaha

Kenny. Kenny. Kenny. Tisk tisk Kenny. You poor ol' boy. Lose yer spectacles again dijya? Okay. I'll humor you just one more time.

Second thought. No. I could let this learn ya. That was splines with an ell.

Joel: Yup, I think I've seen the guy you're talkin' 'bout. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-07-27          144066

EW, found them there Coke bottle bottoms. Thanks for your help. Had been using the bottom of Pepsi cans, just not the same.

Either way you cut it, you lost all of yours. I'm sorry. Guess going in circles, well not really circles on a gasser with no splines does affect normal people.

Glad I am able to bring a little light to your life. Realize you are missing the clear sunny sky with high humidity. Withdrawal pains no doubt.

(funny thing, spell check in Word does not recognize “spline” and it’s first suggestion is spine. Just when you thought you could trust spell check, it must be a gasser also)

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-07-27          144076

Kenny:
Definition: Gasser
A middle- to late-age male mammal native to the coast region of South Carolina of the United States. To a northerner's ears, the animal makes an inperceptibley slow drawl but agonizing shrieking sound when it talks---such as "ya-all, "down b' da' crick" can be heard. Northern scientists, nay even common folk can not discern the utterings. The animal gets its name "gasser" primarily from the byproduct (gasses) of its diet which consists of cereals, an unhealthy dose of icecream and soda pop, combined with a diet high in seafood, hamburgers and other fast food. Good weather conditions in the animal's region however don't contribute to the animal getting enough exercise as they are most commonly found in their den sitting behind a desk peddling low-risk, high-profit margin insurance, when the season dictates, or when the bank account runs low. Their favorite activity is...well... none. Exeception is harvest season, but then the wiley and clever animal is quite resourceful in that it simply makes a call (or has it's cute-sounding secretary do it for him) from its shadey, air conditioned den and ask ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2007-07-27          144095

Ole EW, just for the record how many times did you post that?

You are worth the price of the zoo ticket. Hope no one takes this for pointless and hostile. Wait, trying to learn you is pointless, but there is no hostile. Hot air yes. On very positive note I know there are some mighty fine people from Michigan, as many of them have moved here, a few more live there still and then there are the others who the Cajuns throwed back.

On that middle age line, sorry to inform you that you are middle age if not past it yourself. The middle of male life expectancy is not 50 or 60 as you may think it is. It is about 37 my child. So how do you like the down hill slide?

View my Photos
crunch

2007-07-27          144097

I think we have lost EW. ....

View my Photos
earthwrks

2007-07-27          144099

I'm still here---don't know how all those post got there--but they're gone now. Whew! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login