Go Bottom Go Bottom

Boom Pole Forks and Reciever Hitch added to FEL

View my Photos
jejeosborne
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-19          118145

Last weekend I made some attachments for my front end loader. I will post some pictures that my aid others looking to do the same.

First my dad and I made fork attachments by welding gussets to the sides of the bucket for a solid rod to go through. We then welded heavy pipe to back of the forks which will side on the rod. The bottom of the forks rest against the leading edge of bucket. The forks can slide anywhere between the width of the bucket. I was impressed with what a B7800 kubota would lift with the forks, I would estimate around 750 lbs.

Fortunately my dad owns a fabricating shop and he helped me..................especially with the welding.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
jejeosborne
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-10-19          118146

Second we built a Boom Pole and Reciever Hitch. We took 6" channel to reinforce the top of the bucket and then welded a 2" reciever hitch to that. The boom pole is then a 2" square tubing with a flat bar bridge. I made a reciever hitch at the end of the boom pole which will accept a variety of tools as well as an extension pole for a longer reach. I can lift approximately 300 lbs. at the end of the extension. Great for hanging trusses and light work. ....

View my Photos
jejeosborne

2005-10-19          118147

Boom Pole Extended. ....

View my Photos
jejeosborne

2005-10-19          118148

Reciever Hitch attached. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-10-19          118151

Some of us take offense if you post a link to the other tractor site. Others want to go to war over it! ....

View my Photos
Chief

2005-10-19          118153

Perhaps you could remove the links to the that web page and post those pictures in your profile pictures like everyone else does. Otherwise is sure does have the appearance that you may be SPAMMING Tractor Point as you have nothing filled out in your profile and this is your first posts. The picture links don't work anyway. The folks you see posting on Tractor Point post on this website as they want the most correct and up to date information as well as the most experienced base of expertise in this area. I just don't think you will get that at the website you posted those links to. ....

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2005-10-19          118154

Your fabrication interested me and probably will interest other readers. Unfortunately the links directed me to the home page of some other website. What I DON'T want to to do is search through a site that pretends to have the expertise you can find here.

Do as 'lion says and post the pix here.
Dave ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2005-10-19          118163

Please post your pix on the Tractorpoint site, we'd love to see them.

Thanks,
Dennis
Tractorpoint ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2005-10-19          118166

dennis

I am assuming you are the one that put this site together. What I have seen of it I like it. Thank you. ....

View my Photos
jejeosborne

2005-10-19          118183

I am sorry if I offended someone. Last night I tried to find a way to post pictures to this site and ran into dead ends with every attempt thus I posted a link to where the picture could be viewed. Tonight I had better luck and posted pictures in my profile. One thing I noticed was the 30kb limitation which leaves much to be desired. It is hard to post a quality picture with that extreme limitation. I ....

View my Photos
jejeosborne

2005-10-19          118184

I just noticed a new email message stating my profile has been upgraded to a premium user and that now I am able to post images. Does this happen automatically because I never requested the upgrade? No wonder I couldn't post pics last night. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-10-19          118186

Welcome to tractorpoint! Your pics show a creative solution to two common implements. Nice job! It looks like your pic 1 & 2 are identical, was that intentional? ....

View my Photos
Chief

2005-10-19          118187

Indeed! A VERY nice job! I especially like your unique solution for an adjustable set of pallet forks. Welcome to Tractor Point and don't mind me, I think we are all a bit jumpy after a recent negative experience with that other website. ....

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2005-10-20          118195

Nice fork mounts. The attachment points on the sides of the bucket should have a minimal effect when the forks are not in use yet allow you to mount them in a minute. Looks like you made some good welds too.
Dave ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-10-20          118196

Ken:
The difference between the two photos is one has another extension added. Looks like, when using the unit as a receiver hitch being on top of the bucket makes the hitch mounting a little high for smaller trailers. It seems like a nice idea along with the forklift arms. Both are for light to moderate duty use from appearance but can really be useful. Not trying to be critical but the engineer in me is hard to restrain.

To add to the invention, placing side brackets at about midpoint on the boom back to the side plates that are used for the forklift mounting would double the lift capacity of the boom and give it some sideways support. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete

2005-10-20          118197

Forgot to add, welcome to tractorpoint!! ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-10-20          118199

I see the difference between the pics now. Last night I was flipping between the pics and didn't see it. Must have been late. ....

View my Photos
jejeosborne

2005-10-20          118217

yooperpete, You are right about the reciever being mounted high on the bucket but there are really no other options. I have a drop mount when using a trailer ball. Being high makes it great for visibility when using my hooks for skidding logs though. As far as being moderate duty that is exactly the way I designed it, being an engineer myself, since the B7800 is moderate duty machine. My goal was to match the strength with the machine without adding too much weight to the bucket and reducing my capacity. With a 500 pound box scraper as ballast, I can max out the hydraulics when using the extended pole or the forks making the rear very light. It would have been nice to have the diagonal support to the sides and may add those if I feel it nececessary. Thanks for you input.

View my Photos
jejeosborne

2005-10-20          118218

Just curious, what was the deal with the "other" tractor website and why the hostility? ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-10-20          118223

That's a sensitive subject. Suffice it to say that many members here have bad experiences with moderators at the other site. ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2005-10-21          118226

As someone who is also new to Tractor Point I had the same question but did not ask it. As I failed to find your links I also wondered who it was. Then I decided, you may want to know but don't have to. Glad to know I was not the only curious one. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login