Go Bottom Go Bottom

I pulled the trigger New to me tractor FEL

View my Photos
49tandc
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-04-05          109460

I was "researching" (lurking???) on this board for answers to my questions regarding a specific (if unpopular) tractor & FEL. A HUGE amount of knowledgable members here - thanks! I went ahead and got it - a low-hour SAME Argon 50 with Quicke FEL. I've currently have a '67 I-H B275 and didn't want to go smaller than 50HP. This thing is 50 HP, 4WD and air-cooled, very NICE!!! I had a root rake made (local welder) that looks like it came off a CAT Loader. It should work well for removing palmettos, ugly neighbors, etc... I don't have many of the issues you guys do - sandy soil, gentle rolling hills but (it will grow nice grass). But now, I don't want to scoot under the Oak trees like I do on the IH (hanging on to my glasses and leaning to one side)- I may scratch the paint... I understand battle scars and YES, tools will get nicks & dings, but ITS NEW!

I'm glad I spent the time reading your posts and looking at your pics. I kept wondering why FEL guys had that bushhog hanging off the rear??? DOH - BALLAST!!! Its all becoming very clear to me now. Your pics are VERY helpful and I see many new attachments being built in the shed.

Do not underestimate how much help you guys are giving to newbies like me.

Thanks,
Chuck

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-05          109464

Don't sweat owning an "unpopular" tractor. Heck, owning a tractor is better than not owning one. Besides, it's about getting the job done and having something the neighbor doesn't. ....

View my Photos
oneace
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-04-06          109511

Glad to hear about your purchase. Did you get your rear tires filled? Will loader did you get the Q720 or the 710? ....

View my Photos
49tandc
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-04-07          109534

Delivery is tomorrow - (taking Fri & Monday off) Quicke 710 - FEL. The tractor is "used"... 50 hrs on the machine, but the FEL is new. What is the difference 710 / 720?

The dealer replaced all fluids/filters and I asked for a replacement fanbelt (in case it breaks while his store is closed). The root rake looks like it came off a CAT Loader (5' wide and massive). I spoke to the palmetto bushes and told them that "their time is coming..." They fear me now. There is always a chance for yellojackets nesting in/under the palmettto, but since there is a cab I'll just keep her buttoned up.

The rear tires are filled with glycol/water (they still have all the little nubs on them) and there is already a skid plate (thanks TP posters for pointing it out that that is a good thing to look for). Please don't underestimate how much help your posts and pictures are. Lots of experience & great info here. I've got about 20-30 pics of things I need to put together - PHD stand & "work-platform" that fits in the bucket will be the first things.

This weekend will be spend with root rake on, popping up wild rosemary & palmettos and pushing them into a burn pile. The front of the property will look like a warzone until I get it graded (have boxblade and pasture rake).

With the cab on it, I can't go zipping under the oaks like on the IH, so tree trimming is gonna be a requirement. It'll take 2 people - momma to drive the tractor, me on the platform with chainsaw.

Thanks for all of your posts and interest.

49 T&C ....

View my Photos
oneace

2005-04-07          109562

The difference between the 710 and the 720 is the size the 710 is a Little smaller designed for smaller tractors 45- about 60 hp. The 720 is made for about 55 to 90 horsepower ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login