Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD quick - tach parts

View my Photos
steve4300
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-01-06          103710

where can i get the 2 pins at the bottom of the bucket, i am in the prosses of building pallet forks.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

JD quick - tach parts

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-06          103716

You should be able to purchase them at you local Deere dealer or you can order them on the jdparts website. ....

Link:   JDparts

JD quick - tach parts

View my Photos
92gt5ohRed

2005-01-15          104280

I know this is only partially related, but I have hoped to find a simple pallet fork set up to use in place of my bucket on a 410 FEL (on a 4110). I have a fork lift at my shop and many times wish I had forks on my tractor to lift things into my truck on occasion. I don't know where you are in the country but would you consider selling such a set up or the plans for it once you perfect it? Pictures !?

Thanks, Rick ....

JD quick - tach parts

View my Photos
denwood

2005-01-16          104291

I am also in the beginning stages of building forks for my 4300. I even went out and bought a whole forklift to scavenge parts from. I got it for $300 with 2 sets of forks, 3 stage mast and side shift. I planned to use the carriage and forks but forklift carriages are very heavy duty and very heavy so I am just keeping the forks and copying my skid steer fork carriage. It just uses a piece of 2"x4" rectangle tube at the bottom, 4" side down, and 2x2 at the top and sides with 1/2" bar stock welded on for the forks to slide on. There is some other metal attached for sides and backguard. ....

JD quick - tach parts

View my Photos
steve4300

2005-01-16          104346

i plan on just making mine like Murf did. Plan on building it as I go. I don't have to lift alot just more of a convience. ....

JD quick - tach parts

View my Photos
redwing
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-02-22          106640

Finaly got my forks welded up a few months ago. They are handy to have around. Look a pictures 3, 4 & 5 in my profile to see how I made the Quick tach part of forks. Got pins at Atwoods (farm and ranch store) Can post more pict in nessary. Have fun ....

JD quick - tach parts

View my Photos
brokenarrow

2005-02-22          106644

Nice redwing!!!!
But I need to curse you out now because you just got me thinking of my next project. I made some bucket forks last year but do not like to put too much weight on such a small area. I had lifted my box scraper out of my truck with my forks About 600 pounds total and they worked fine but I would not want to put much more on it.
Nice job on that set of forks ....

JD quick - tach parts

View my Photos
shortmagnum

2005-02-23          106654

Brokenarrow, When I looked at his pix I was just thinking the same thing, nice job! I've been looking at some used forks at the local steel dealer for the past year and welding up the quick attach bracket would be a nice project. I think I'm inspired again.
Dave ....

JD quick - tach parts

View my Photos
redwing

2005-02-23          106697

Thanks. Just a note on the forks....I don't recomend 60" forks on a 790. (but that is what I got at work for free. They are wore a little thin on the ends next to the guard from dragging on concrete floor at work) ALSO IT IS AMAZING HOW FAST THE TIPS OF THE FORKS CAN GET TO THE GROUND WHEN YOU TILT THEM FOWARD!!!! Be carefull while moving and tilting. There is a peice of 1/4" thick by 1 1/4" angle iron under the channel on the top of the attach point to make for a snug fit. ....

JD quick - tach parts

View my Photos
denwood

2005-03-07          107494

Here is my attempt at homemade forks. check out pics 15-20. I said I paid for the forks, actually I got paid to get the forks. I bought a junked forklift for $300, sold the counterweight 2200lbs for $22, kept this set of forks, and sold the rest of the machine for $450 soon to become a 3 point hitch forklift. I got so much response for the used forklift mast that I just ordered another to sell. ....

JD quick - tach parts

View my Photos
92gt5ohRed

2005-03-08          107528

Denwood, would you consider making a set of forks (only forks not the tines) for me? I only have a 4110 buy it has the 410 FEL and I have been hoping to build a set for light lifting. We look to be about an hour or more apart, I could look around for a set of Forks. I would need them to either be set at 27" or movable. Would you consider doing something like that? I would gladly reimburse your time and materials, I just don't have a welder or torch yet.

You can post a reply or PM me.

Thanks, Rick ....

JD quick - tach parts

View my Photos
steve4300

2005-03-09          107688

great job on the forks I like the idea of the grapples for picking up logs. I will have to get started on mine, an old friend of repairs forklifts I will have to see if he has any old forks.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login