Go Bottom Go Bottom

Pull type box blades

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-08-01          195605

I have used a 3 pth box blade a few hours and know many here have hundred of hours using them. My question is how much better if a pull type for leveling over the 3pth style? We are getting ready to do final grading on a pond project that ahs lasted too many years and while not many high spot low spots left we do have them. The flooding we were hit with last October brought us new low spot as it washed one side of the pond in a manner we never would have expected. Sorry for sort off my own topic, how do you compare the pull type to the 3pth model. Also need thoughts on size of blade have 90hp four wheel drive but would also want to work with 70 hp 2 wheel drive. thanks kt

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Pull type box blades

View my Photos
jssihs63
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-08-01          195606

like to help, bud, but no experience with that. i traded my kioti nx6010 for a kioti rx7320 powershuttle. it arrives in about 2 hours. yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy. :)

Pull type box blades

View my Photos
yocsr1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2016-08-01          195608

Have never used a pull type, but have two 3pt box blades. I wouldn't be without them. The biggest recommendation is a hydraulic toplink. You can tilt to cut, drag the dirt to where you want it and tilt to smooth in one pass. This really makes it nice. ....

Pull type box blades

View my Photos
yocsr1

2016-08-01          195609

As far as the size of blade you'll be a lot happier with the results if your blade is wider than your rear tires. ....

Pull type box blades

View my Photos
jssihs

2016-08-01          195610

Picture Link
Operating and Attachments Pull type box blades

Pull type box blades

View my Photos
jssihs

2016-08-01          195611

Picture Link
Operating and Attachments Pull type box blades

Pull type box blades

View my Photos
kthompson

2016-08-02          195613

First thanks for the comments but let me change the question a little: Anyone have any experience with a pull type box blade?? ....

Pull type box blades

View my Photos
kthompson

2016-08-03          195619

No one? ....

Pull type box blades

View my Photos
kthompson

2016-08-29          195707

Well an update. I did buy a 10 foot pull type box blade product of Lowery in Alabama. It has of course a lift but also tilt using the right wheel to raise or lower the right end of box blade which makes sense since that is the side the lift controls are on tractor.

I have used it a few hours and have a 90 some hp four wheel drive JD and it a good load for the tractor. Depending on what you are doing will over load the tractor but not often so far. I have been able to cut down reasonable hard clay and to pull full box blade amount of dirt reasonable well. It is not a set it and forget system at all for you do use the main lift to slowly deposit extra dirt when building up an area.
Is it better than box blade on the 3 pth hitch...well it is longer and does better job taking down high spots and filling low spots compared to blade on the lift by far. It does not track as well around outside of curve for it is a trailer and will track inside the curve. It cuts much better than my 3 pth bb did and it holds almost 3 times the dirt my 3pth bb does.
Would recommend it to anyone who has real dirt moving or leveling needs. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login