Go Bottom Go Bottom

3 pt leaf debris blower

View my Photos
bobbyb4
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-12-11          137864

Anyone know of sellers of this type of equipment ? Any words of wisdom ie I wish I'd know ?

Am looking for a reasonably priced 3 pt blower to clear leaves from grassy areas.

Thanks.
bb

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

3 pt leaf debris blower

View my Photos
Iowafun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-12-12          137894

I'm not aware of one, but the people I know usually just use the mower deck and drive in a circle so it blows them in one direction. ....

3 pt leaf debris blower

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-12-12          137898

Do you have a snowblower or broom on the front? ....

3 pt leaf debris blower

View my Photos
WillieH

2006-12-12          137916

bobbyb4 -

I have a 3pt leaf/debris blower. It was originally made by OLATHE. This company was then bought by Jacobsen, then bought by TORO Turf Products. It is presently still with TORO, and very well built still. Very popular for turf farms and golf courses.
Check out TORO.com - they have three (?) different 3pt models available

~ Willie H.

3 pt leaf debris blower

View my Photos
bobbyb4
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-12-14          137984

Gents - thanks. No front broom or snow blower.

Have found 2 sources so far: Toro and Agrimetal (Quebec with a NC distributor). Challenge seems to be one of PTO horsepower - only one model - Agrimetal BW 240 is in the range of B7610 18 Hp PTO capability. Most want 25-30 PTO Hp.

Willie - any info on price range and/or experiences with a blower implement.

bb

3 pt leaf debris blower

View my Photos
WillieH

2006-12-14          137998

bb ~
As far as the price range is concerned, I believe that there are three different models to choose from, from TORO. If memory serves me (been kind of cloudy lately), the range was between $1800 - $3700, something like that. They would be running approximately 2300 - 2800 revs for optimum output flow, with the rear pto set at 540.

With mine, running at about 1000 revs, this thing blows WET cakey leaves, 1" maple sticks, etc, in the neighborhood of 15 to 20 feet away. It's great....everything ends up over in my neighbors yard, and I'm not even close to the boundary! LOL
Seriously, she pushes ALOT of air. I have run this on my older B5200 kubotas, of which are 3 cyl,13.5 eng.hp, 11 hp pto, as well as on my B7500's which are 3 cyl. 21 hp eng,HSD/DT 16 hp/17hp respectively, with NO problem - PLENTY of power to spare.

One of the biggest things that I have noticed with mine, is that it will blow "better" in one direction than the other, but still performs fantastic.
I purchased mine for $200.00 at auction. It basically needed a couple of roller wheels and fresh coat of paint. I have seen two different ones advertised on eBay about two months back. If I can find the info, I'll pass it along to you.
It is actually so powerful, that I have even seen it throw 2" trap rock off the ground in some areas, granted not like a baseball flying at you, but still moves it out of the way....- THAT impresses me. And if it ends up o'er yonder in the neighbors, well one less rock that I will hit with the mower! LOL

~ Willie ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login