Go Bottom Go Bottom

3pt rough cut mower for compact 60

View my Photos
unit5alive
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2006-04-17          127804

Hi guys looking for a 3pt rough cut mower for a Mahindra 2015hst cut , tractor has 15 pto hp , will it run a 60" woods type or should I be looking at a 48" , will only be used 2-3 times a year to cut the back 5 acres a my dads girl friends house .

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Art White
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-17          127807

You'd better look at a 48" not the sixty. ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2006-04-17          127822

Do yourself and your tractor a favour too, mow it more than just 2 or 3 times a year.

The longer it goes between cuts the longer and thicker the grass gets, this makes for a lot harder going each time.

Based on where you are (PA) I would say you should be cutting it every time it gets to 14" high and cut it back to about 6" -8" high each time. That probably means cutting it first in mid-May, and then every 3-4 weeks till mid August then maybe twice more a month apart. Possibly 4 or 5 times a year.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
unit5alive

2006-04-18          127900

Thanks guys, for the advice , murf I dont know why they only cut it that often ( dad& girl friend ,my mom died ) but that what her late husband had always done. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2006-04-18          127914

It's any body's guess, but if you have a bigger tractor with a few ponies to spare it doesn't matter, with minimal horsepower however, it's a whole other story.

I help out a couple of neighbours, one who wants the back pasture cut just once per year, mostly to keep the trees from sprouting up, usually in late summer. My 40+ hp Kubota has a real workout cutting it with a 60" bush hog when it's as tall as the hood and as thick as a politician.

I was just strying to point out, that it would be a bunch easier on both the tractor and you to cut it a few times more, that's all.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
unit5alive

2006-04-30          128579

Murf , they have a 1954-55 farmall super h with a huge woods deck 60 " has 15 tires on the rear ,its got to be every bit of ten foot long !, looks like something the state uses on the sides of the road ,plus the pto on it looks bigger and woods told me that it needs a least 25/30 pto hp to run correctly ,the problem is that they would like to get rid of a couple of tractors and get one to do it all , Craig. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login