Go Bottom Go Bottom

JD GT262 reverse is now nuetral

View my Photos
tonydevos
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-05-19          55136

PLEASE HELP! I was cutting, stoppped to refuel. When I went to start back up the traxtor acted like I left it in gear. When I shifted to REVERSE it started. NOW, REVERSE is NUETRAL and I don't have a REVERSE gear.

Does anyone know is there a linkage or some type of adjustment?

Thanks in advance for any possible assistance
Tony DeVos

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-05-19          55141

I would look for a lock nut or a set screw that slipped and grabbed at a new place. ....

View my Photos
TomG

2003-05-20          55150

I don't know the tractor. I haven't had that problem with my riding mower. I have had it with my walk-behind snow-blower.

The TX on my blower is a surprisingly primitive thing that has no gears or hydraulic motor. It's just a flywheel with a rubber friction wheel mounted perpendicular to the flywheel. The shifter just slides the rubber wheel across one side of the flywheel. When the friction wheel is near the outside of the flywheel it is driven faster, which is high gear. When it's in the center there is no drive and that's neutral. Reverse is just moving the friction wheel across the centre to the other side of the flywheel. Clutch is simply lifting the friction wheel off the flywheel. Although there are gear positions on the shifter, it's really a continuously variable TX. Dumb but it works I guess.

If the tractor has a TX something like my blower, a linkage that's adjusted too short will shift the gear positions so reverse on the shifter becomes neutral and reverse disappears.

View my Photos
q

2003-05-21          55247

Go to johndeere.com you can type in you tractor model number and pull up a drawing of your transmission.
Good luck ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login