Go Bottom Go Bottom

genaric buckets

View my Photos
trbomax
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-21          83810

Are buckets brand specific,or industry standard as far as pin plaacement ad interchaingability? A friend has an older [yellow] Ford tractor with a 18" hoe bucket,I'd like to use the bigger bucket on my NH occasionally.He has the tractor an hour or so away from here, so its not a matter of going next door to look at it !

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

genaric buckets

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-21          83816

Unfortunately pin diameter, space between mounts, etc., will vary between manufacturers.

There was a movement a few years back to try to standardize mounts, sort of like with Category 1, 2 & 3 3pth equipment is.

The big problem was that none of the manufacurers wanted to make their existing or past equipment obsolete. That kind of equipment is in service for MANY years and the phase out of 'non-standard' equipment would be a VERY long and expensive proposition.

The other problem is one of simple design factors. The length anmd diameter of cylinder that moves a bucket for instance dictates how far the two pins need to be apart to make sufficient torque and rotation for digging, and the capacity of the machine dictates how strong they need to be, that in turn requires certain minimum sizes of pins.

Best of luck. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login