Go Bottom Go Bottom

john deere 4110 backhoe

View my Photos
JFULLER5
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-11-27          69810

what is reccomended for a backhoe for jd 4110 hydro, i am told by some dealers they wont sell me a 3pt hitch hoe. why is that? does anyone have one. jf

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

john deere 4110 backhoe

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-27          69813

Deere now markets a backhoe with a sub-frame approved for the 4100/4110/4115. It is called the 46 backhoe and it has a 6.5 foot digging depth.

There are photos of one in my pics and I would be happy to send a copy of the marketing bulletin to your e-mail address. ....

john deere 4110 backhoe

View my Photos
TomG

2003-11-28          69825

I have a 3ph hoe that's worked fine for my occasional fairly light work over five years. They do stress a tractor more than sub-frame mounts and some tractors tolerate it better than others. Your dealer's sense of your budget and intended use probably is the reason he's boosting a 3ph hoe. They tend to be quite a bit cheaper but they also can break a tractor--as can a sub-frame hoe if it's not used properly. ....

john deere 4110 backhoe

View my Photos
DRankin
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-28          69852

I missed the question about why not.... so here's my take. The 41xx series has a design feature I have seen only on this model.

The top-link attachment to the tractor is cast into the rear axle housing. While it is obviously strong enough for standard three point duties with any reasonable implement, it would appear to me to be a less than optimal design when it comes to the twisting forces exerted by a backhoe.

Other small tractors use heavy steel plate with multiple attachment points where the 4100's have those castings.

The 46 backhoe sub-frame attach's to the FEL frame on the front and the lower arms attachment points for the 3 point hitch on the rear. It completely bypasses the top link attachment point. ....

john deere 4110 backhoe

View my Photos
JFULLER5

2003-11-28          69887

mark , thanks for the reply . please send me the bulletin . i have called jd and emailed them and have no response about this 46 backhoe. how easily can you detach it and use other rear attachments? i dont have alot of use but i also dont want to damage my machine , wonder if there have been problems if jd doesnt get back to me on this ? thanks JF ....

john deere 4110 backhoe

View my Photos
DRankin

2003-11-28          69905

Sounds complicated but it is easy in practice. You remove the three point hitch arms and the top link. No tools required, just pull some pins.

Then the sub-frame slips unto the bars vacated by the hitch arms and slips into some brackets under the engine. You slip two large pins into the front brackets and plug in the hydraulic lines and you are ready to dig.

With practice the whole transition is under 5 minutes.

It takes about as long to detach the backhoe and re-assemble the three point hitch arms.

The bulletin is on the way to your e-mail. ....

john deere 4110 backhoe

View my Photos
JFULLER5

2003-11-30          70000

thanks for the info , i got your email , wonder why john deere wont acknowledge this and their web site has no info at all. i called them and enmailed them and no answer in 2 months, thanks jim

john deere 4110 backhoe

View my Photos
TomG

2003-12-01          70021

I remember seeing a picture of a tractor with a chunk of cases missing around the top-link mount. I think it happened when using a hoe but I don't recall which tractor. This stress stuff is an issue and Mark's point about the 41xx mounts is a good one. Heavy-duty top-link mounts are available for some tractors. I have to be aware of this stuff when I'm using my 3ph hoe. ....

john deere 4110 backhoe

View my Photos
JFULLER5

2004-08-10          93181

hey , i finally got my 46 backhoe about 6 weeks ago. purchased from a local top notch dealer. ie CLIFTON PARK LAWN AND LEISURE! since the i have logged about 20 hrs on the hoe. it has operated excellent and done more than i would have expected. it is small but after i became familiar with it i can do unbeleiveable work. i installed it myself including the power beyond kit in about 4 hrs total. simple mechanical instructions, i have already recovered the expense of the purchase compared to the estimates fffor work i have done ! well worth the expense over 3 pt hitch models that can damage your tractor. jim ....

john deere 4110 backhoe

View my Photos
hardwood

2004-08-11          93205

JFULLERS' I could'nt agree more on the hoe hoe paying for it's self. I've got a Deere #48 that's done lots and lots of work, in fact I ran it till dark last night. I've honestly never saw a #46, but if it's built like my #48, just keep it greased up good, treat it with respect so far as what it is capable of doing and I doubt either one of us will wear them out. Frank. ....

john deere 4110 backhoe

View my Photos
DRankin

2004-08-11          93224

Frank made one very important point.... keep that baby greased. ....

john deere 4110 backhoe

View my Photos
92gt5ohRed

2004-11-12          100280

I have the 46 b/h on my 4110 and absolutely love it. Too bad I did not have it a year ago when I dug in about 500 feet of rain gutter pipe away from the house... all by hand. Maybe that is what made me buy the tractor :) ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login