Go Bottom Go Bottom

7254 OTHER BRAND BACKHOE

View my Photos
mayday
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-07-16          59648

Been tractor shopping two years...Felt like I could only be satisfied with Kubota. Read forums for hours and then fell into a steal on a Cub Cadet 7254...Kinda partial to Cubs , on my second cub lawn mower now. Anyway I came back to this forum only to find CC listed in Other Brands... Kinda ruff on us....Anyhow , my questions is for any info on backhoes ,pros and woes for this model...Got a FEL & MMM both seem to perform great...By the way for mostly homeowner work.....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

7254 OTHER BRAND BACKHOE

View my Photos
jeff r
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-17          59659

Your Cub 7254 is a Good tractor and I almost bought one with 500 hours but the dealer wouldn't budge on price. If I remember right it is a 25hp diesel. Any of of major brand 6.5 to 7.5 hoes will work well. Just make sure the backhoe brand makes a subframe to fit your tractor and you will be just peachy keen. ....

7254 OTHER BRAND BACKHOE

View my Photos
mayday

2003-07-27          60250

Hi Jeff. Yep it's a 25 hp however this one has a Kawasaki gas burner... Not my first choice ,but I got an awesome deal on it.Been cutting grass and pleased so far. Just wondering about brands of dependable hoes, and hoping someone would have one working on this tractor. Thanks for the reply.

7254 OTHER BRAND BACKHOE

View my Photos
markrman

2003-07-30          60500

I'm looking at the CC 7254 w/FEL, BH, mower, rear blade. Waiting on a price from dealer. Also, I have looked at the Kubota and new Holland, need to check out MF and JD. Seems like the CC 7254 gives me more for the price and since I am only working on 5 acres something liketh New Holland TC30 is overkill. Any comments on the CC being tough enough to handle all the add on tools? Or any pros/cons in general? ....

7254 OTHER BRAND BACKHOE

View my Photos
mayday

2003-07-31          60582

Let start with the fact I am not an authority on tractors,but this is what I have found. On my 7254 biggest woes:hydro whine(really no worse than the others, I just wish it was a lil quieter), Wish it had better steering ratio.(Not radius, turns on a dime just needs fewer turns)
Larger gas tank(for larger spaces)Pretty much it on the woes side.On the pros side, Contrary to my woes on steering you drive the thing with one finger power steering is excellent( again my complaint is ratio )Smartrac 4wd seems to know just when to kick in.Work FEL great (average travel speed and convienent joystick location)4foot Woods box blade with spikes in for counterweight.Pulls box well, I consider my soil pretty tough clay like (gooey when wet, dries hard as a rock and cracks up )60 inch MMM cuts like a champ on average lawn like here at the house I can cut at or close to 11mph .First time I ever cut grass on something fast enought to generate a breeze . And where I live I need it.In short I am happy ... My suggestion to you is to drive 'em all... as long as you can...practice turns you be making in your daily use ( 'round trees and such) pay attention to turning ratio. and have fun. Tractor shopping can be fun !!! Free Rides!! These are simply my opinions and I really don't know squat!!! I like my 7254 and plan to for a while to come...go shopping and we'll wait to hear from ya!! ....

7254 OTHER BRAND BACKHOE

View my Photos
jeff r
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-07-31          60583

11 mph on a grass cut???? Slow down, bad things happen when you go that fast. ....

7254 OTHER BRAND BACKHOE

View my Photos
mayday

2003-07-31          60584

You're right. Got bugs in my teeth grinning to big. You are correct . I have a lrge flat back yard with barely no obstacles and can motor on ,But I don't normally cut with that agression. Safety is indeed an issue and I do respect Murphy's Law as well I don't really want to tear up my tractor...Happy trails ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login