Go Bottom Go Bottom

Tundra 2 year report -- Trailer

View my Photos
RobP
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-01-26          34982

I bought my 2000 Toyota Tundra in April of 2000.

The test drive convinced me that this was a Truck that would meet my requirements as an essentally sport pleasure non working truck. I got the V8 which is the Lexus engine, and it runs great!

After two years and about 15k miles (not many miles) I have had no problems whatsoever. I was also pleased to see that the Tundra got top crash test results as well.

On the negative side, I have found that the creature comforts that the Tunrdra offers are not without their doenside. Here are the short comings:

1) for a snow plow all sources seem to indicate it is a little too delicate, some even suggesting that plowing with it voids the toyota warranty.

2)Tractor dealers look at it say I think you need a bigger truck to tow a trailer with.

Wondering if anyone out there is towing with their Tundra and if they put electric or inertia brakes on it and how they like it?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Peters
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2002-01-27          34997

1) All manufactures do not recommend plowing with a new model truck. Dodge did it when they revamped their truck years ago. Ford did it in 97 when they redid the F150/250. They assume that some people are going to plow and then wait to see what happens. My 2000 Dodge has all the particulars in it on plowing.
2) The same thing applied to towing although I would think that they would be a little more up on this as they advertise towing power in the Toyota. Towing places a lot of stress on a vehicle and a lot is unknown until people actually tow. Toyota tends to be conservative in things. ....

View my Photos
RobP
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2002-01-29          35069

Well God must have been watching over my Tundra comments of "trouble free" ownership. The very next day both of my front driving beam headlights blew.

The dealer says that one bulb blowing caused the second to blow. Anyone heard of that or is it more likely I have some electrical problem they have not identified???

RobP ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login