Go Bottom Go Bottom

Who Makes Most Front Snowblowers

View my Photos
Nautical
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2021-01-15          199928

A Neighbor had a Honda Diesel Tractor 2WD with fron blower, bad traction.

Sold it bought a Kubota BX. Turns out the Blower was Identical, but with Kubota branding.

Who is Manufacturere?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2021-01-29          199979

Erskine makes snow blowers not sure if they are a supplier for OEM tractor manufacturers.

Just came across Sheyenne Tooling & Manufacturing, Inc.. They make a front mount blower that attaches to a front end loader.

Sheyenne shows it on a a Kubota Tractor but does not stipulate what model loaders it is compatible with.

Might be interesting for those that get mountains of the white stuff and need the ability to get up higher than most sub frame front mowers can to do which is minimal.

View my Photos
jobone
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2021-02-08          200013

That loader mounter front blower looks neat but must be very pricey and it looks like the setup is signicant enough to make a just snow setup.

One think I hate about the front blowers is the sub frame mounts are typically just a smidge to long to allow remounting the loader in a pinch when you just have too much snow, or lots of heavy snow ice mess to move around. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2021-03-08          200111

Ber-vac is the name of the company you are looking for. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2021-03-09          200116

Quote:
Originally Posted by jobone | view 200013
That loader mounter front blower looks neat but must be very pricey and it looks like the setup is signicant enough to make a just snow setup.

I've built a few hydraulic drive snowblowers over the years. While the cost can be much higher it doesn't have to be. It doesn't have to be more complicated than any other QT loader implement and 3pth mounted implement either.

For loaders I run a 3pth power pack (reservoir & pump) with QC lines to the blower, the bower just has a hyd. motor powering the input shaft instead of the typical shaft drive.

The biggest issue is the parasitic losses, on a typical reservoir to pump to lines to motor back to reservoir setup you can expect to lose about 1/3rd the input horsepower. That means if you have (for example) a 24hp (at the PTO) tractor you would lose about 8hp and only get about 24hp at the blower.

One of the limits of a CUT is that there isn't a lot of 'extra' horsepower to throw away.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
harvey

2021-03-16          200124

Art just an FYI that old Prevonst Blower you had still working great. Got a good work out this year. ....

View my Photos
Art White

2021-03-18          200141

I know I sold it to cheap! lol ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login