Go Bottom Go Bottom

Kubota B7500 used snowblower cost

View my Photos
Krista_
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-02-04          182274

Equipment: Kubota B7500. Property: 10 Acres

Anyone know what I can expect to pay for a basic *used* snow blower attachment for this tractor?

And we have turf tires on the tractor. What do you recommend on snow and ice? Chains? Or, snow tires?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2012-02-07          182313

Welcome Krista.

You're (relatively speaking) just up the road from me.

This winter I think a squeegee or hair dryer might be all you need for 'snow' removal. ;)

Seriously though, you will probably be looking about $500 to $1,000 for a 5' blower depending on condition.

Depending on the tires you have you may not need chains, there's no such thing as 'snow tires' for a tractor. Bear in mind, in theory at least, the tractor will never be driving in snow, the blower will have cleaned it away before the tires get to it.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2012-02-08          182348

Chains can make a difference, and are way cheaper and more convenient than a second set of tires (and the same can be said for a rear blade rather than a blower). ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2012-02-09          182357

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf | view 182313
Depending on the tires you have you may not need chains, there's no such thing as 'snow tires' for a tractor. ...

That's true, the Turf tires I have on my Kubota have a tread similar to a snow tire though and are very good in the snow without chains on a paved drive. ....

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2012-02-09          182358

Quote:
Originally Posted by auerbach | view 182348
...(and the same can be said for a rear blade rather than a blower).

With a front loader and a rear blade you can do quite a lot.

But if you have a long drive or lots of winter snow a blower gets the job done much quicker without the snow piling at the driveway edges. I used that combo for our Halloween Blizzard this year with 15 inches of snow. I would say doing it with the loader and back blade took me twice as long as with a front blower and a rear blade. But it was fun using the loader :). But took 2 to 3 hours instead of one hour. ....

View my Photos
treeman

2012-02-09          182362

My turfs do quite good in the snow, especially with the heavy blower hanging on the back. I only use the blower if it gets so deep I HAVE to blow. The rear blade is so much quicker and doesn't use so much fuel. I bought my used 5' Lorenz blower for $1k.
You can see me blowing very heavy, drifted in snow in my pics. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login