Go Bottom Go Bottom

FORD 715A Snowblower operating speed

View my Photos
thegogetter
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2011-07-21          179477

Guys, found a 4' 715A Snowblower attachment a year or so ago that I've been juggling what to do with. I bought it with a "lot" of tractor parts/implements for use with my Yanmar 165d 16hp 2cyl diesel. I would have to do some minor fabbing for 3pt use, but other than that it looks like its in decent shape. Not even sure my little sub can handle something like this.

Any idea what the operating speed is for this particular model?

Thank you in advance!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
hardwood

2011-07-21          179485

I'm not really familliar with what a 715 snowblower is. Was it meant to be front munted? How was it driven as is?
You would have to make sure the PTO on your tractor will turn the correct direction for the fan of the blower. Do you mean the speed of the blower fan, etc? Or the speed of travel?
Tell us more.
Frank. ....

View my Photos
thegogetter

2011-07-22          179489

Thanks hardwood, let me clarify.

This is originally a mid PTO/Front mount design. My question is whether or not the PTO speed of my tractor is sufficient enough to turn the auger/blower in snow. I have a 540/720 PTO on my Yanmar... not too sure if thats enough.

I will have to check the directional turn on both units to verify... never thought of this honestly, so thank you.

Let me know if I need to clarify anything else. thanks again ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2011-07-22          179492

I think the diamater of the fan in the blower would dictate the RPM that the blower fan should turn.
Any small category one three point hitch mounted rear blowers I've been around drove direct from the tractor 540 PTO and the blower diamater was I think somewhere between 16 - 18 inches. My point being that a really small diamater blower would have to run faster to attain a fan blade tip speed adequate to throw the snow a reasonable distance. On the other end of the spectrum a large diamater fan could run slower to attain the same tip speed. Do you know the RPM of the front PTO on your tractor? I think your goal would be to have the fan run as near the speed it was intended to run when front mounted.
Frank. ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-07-24          179519

Will your tractor handle a 4' blower? Yes but for traction you might want lug tires or chains on turf ones. And a front weight unless you already have a loader.

Can you adapt a front mount to a rear? More doubtful because unlike standardized rear attachments, fronts are individual to the tractor in mounting hardware and PTO speed, though most modern ones turn at 540.

Kioti uses a front blower powered off the rear PTO using a hitch-mounted 180 gearbox and a longer shaft. You could do that, and rig a mechanical lift and a chute-rotator that you could operate from the seat.

Or you could look for a hitch-mount blower.

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login