Go Bottom Go Bottom

RE 3pt Tiller advice

View my Photos
ejkessler
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2007-09-22          145979

I have found my head swimming from all the choices available for 3pt tillers. I have a Kubota L2800 hydro and was looking for a good unit for the money. Sounds like from some other posts that the King Kutter may fit that. Has anyone had any problems with that make of tiller. I will be using it for 1/4 to 1/2 acre of tilling at most. Any advice would be appreciated.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

RE 3pt Tiller advice

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-22          145980

IMHO KK is like the bottom of barrel quality-wise. As a contractor I really hate getting on job and having someone size up my equipment.

I mean they don't use the best or latest manufacturing techniques---some of it is made downright crudely compared to Woods Land Pride and others. I own their rotary cutter, landscape rake and box blade only because they were relatively cheap and easy to buy from local TSC. And since I abuse them probably 5-10 times more than a normal homeowner would so I don't get heartbroken when I wear them out or they get stolen.

Would I own a KK rototiller? Yes. But only based on lower cost. There is a lot to be said cost compared to quality. But they way I look at it as long as it does the job I'll use it. (I started feeling this way when all my name-brand, quality power (DeWalt, Bosch, Milwaukee) and hand tools were stolen---about $40,000 worth over three years. When I discovered the thieves weren't taking my Ryobi, B&D, and Skil tools that's when I started to buy them) ....

RE 3pt Tiller advice

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-09-22          145981

I've got to agree with EW. The KK stuff is OK if you treat it gingerly, never plan to resell it, and don't mind the crude welds, paint, etc. I'm kind of a Land pride fan, they build top drawer stuff. I'm on my second LP tiller, a man saw me using the one I had and couldn't get one right away at a dealer so he offered me more than I paid for it new, so now I've got another LP. Now EW, we always have to "Butt Heads" about something, OK. Now how is it you rate Dewalt in the same class as MIlwaukee and Bosch? Dewalt is going down the same tube that B and D went along with Skil and Craftsman. So you are saying that if you had a DEERE instead of a Blue one it would have been stolen???? Gotta sir you up about something. Frank. ....

RE 3pt Tiller advice

View my Photos
earthwrks
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2007-09-22          145982

Franky, DeWalt makes some pretty good stuff. The styling and plasticky characteristics aside. They make excellent abrasive cutting wheels and drill bits.

Steal a Deere? Naw they leave those alone 'round here.

Deeres are like secretly owning a corded Black & Decker 3/8" drill---nobody would admit they own one.

You asked for it! Oh come on...don't start crying crocodile tears!

I was jis' kiddin'----about the Black & Decker.

tehehehehe ....

RE 3pt Tiller advice

View my Photos
hardwood

2007-09-23          145984

EW; I've gotta admit I haven't bought any DeWalt lately, I'm just kinda going by the chatter I hear around the cafe at noon. As you said their plastic look and style doesn't give you the heavy duty look either. I've always kinda judged tools not only by how long they last but how long you can keep using it till it gets too hot to hang onto. We've got a couple old Bosch random orbit sanders in the wood shop that are kinda like the rabbit on the TV that just keep going and going, and they never get too hot to hold. Frank. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login