Go Bottom Go Bottom

Woods GTC52 tiller

View my Photos
DJLX585
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-01-13          104141

Anyone use a Woods GTC52 tiller? How has it held up? I may buy one soon for my JD X585 and would like opinions. Thanks

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Woods GTC52 tiller

View my Photos
Ohiocountry
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-02-15          106206

I bought one myself over the weekend and they picked up my BX 2200 today to size the PTO shaft. I don't think they have been on the market all that long. It looks to be well engineered to last for a while. I also got the Woods box blade, which seems to be fairly heavy duty. ....

Woods GTC52 tiller

View my Photos
s chrand

2005-02-16          106216

ohiocountry:
If you don't mind my asking, how much did you pay?
Also, did you get the 52"?
The woods web site lists the 40" for use with the 'limited' cat 1 hitch; the 52" for use with a cat 1. But it also lists the 40" for hp ranges of 15-20 and the 52" for use with 20-30 hp.
My dealer has recommended this tiller (the 40"), and says they have some coming in the end of march that I can take a look at. He gave a rough quote of 1100$.

Woods GTC52 tiller

View my Photos
Ohiocountry

2005-02-16          106234

I got the 52 inch for $1150. My dealer said the BX could even run the 60 inch, but all I wanted was to make sure I was covering my tracks. All three Kubota dealers I have talked to says Kubota is being overly conservative by recommending the B40C tiller. I had my tractor with mounted tiller delivered this afternoon and it fits the limited category 1 hitch just fine. ....

Woods GTC52 tiller

View my Photos
bxbadass

2005-03-27          108898

thats nice im going to get one for bx23 this week $1199 does any one think this is overkill?

Woods GTC52 tiller

View my Photos
bmeyer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-03-30          109068

I got a quote in Central WI twoo weeks ago on a GTC 40 at $1195 and a GTC 52 at $1295. I want to use it on my JD 2210. Sounds like you guys are a bit lower than my quote.

I haven't bought mine because I'm still looking at Frontier and Rhino. But I was really impressed with the Woods product. ....

Woods GTC52 tiller

View my Photos
bmeyer

2005-04-15          109862

I just made the purchase of a GTC52 last night. It will arrive in 1-2 weeks. Prices are up due to steel increases. I wound up pay $1325 (up $35 from Feb.) However, my other choice, a JD/Frontier RT1150 was up $150 in the same period and was now going to cost $1650! I decided to save $325!

I'll be using the Woods on my JD2210. Is it likely I'll need to resize the PTO shaft that is supplied with the unit? Is that easy to do?

Any advice about initial use or break-in period for this tiller? I've never owned one before and don't want to do something dumb with it! ....

Woods GTC52 tiller

View my Photos
DJLX585

2005-04-15          109884

You may not have to cut it. Are you using quick hitch /Pats easy change or anything? You shouldn't have any problem cutting the shaft with a hacksaw but would be faster with power band saw. Measure twice so you don't cut too short. ....

Woods GTC52 tiller

View my Photos
bmeyer

2005-04-15          109898

DJLX, I've got the I-Match hitch on the back so maybe that adds enough that I won't need to break out the Sawsall.

BTW, what is the size of the trailer in your picture? I'm looking at a 14ft model but yours looks like it might be 12ft. Am I close? ....

Woods GTC52 tiller

View my Photos
DJLX585

2005-04-18          109989

You're right. I added another pic to the pics! This home built trailer made out of 2x3, 3x3 box frame with 2-3500 lb axles measures 62" between the fenders and is a little over 12' long. As you can see the tractor, tiller, loader actually just fits but I move it forward a little to add more tongue weight. Pulling a narrow trailer is great but it would be nicer about a foot bigger in each dimension. ....

Woods GTC52 tiller

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2005-04-18          110001

I have the Woods GTC 60" tiller on my Kubota B-7800 and I had to end up cutting off about 5" off each end of the PTO shaft.

The tiller is awesome. I have all ready tilled about 10 gardens for people. One word of advice is to retighten all the bolts after the first use. The second time I used mine, the shackle that holds the rear lift gate to the the tiller fell off and a bolt backed itself out. After retightening everything, none has backed out since. ....

Woods GTC52 tiller

View my Photos
bmeyer

2005-04-19          110050

Thanks for the heads up on the loose bolts on the GTC52. I'll put a wrench on mine when it comes. Some of the KK buyers spoke about no fluid being in their tillers when they got them home. Was that the case on your Woods? Will I need to put some lube in it? ....

Woods GTC52 tiller

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2005-04-19          110062

I think the lube thing depends on where you get it from. My dealer had mine filled with fluids and had greased it. I did need to put some in the gear box part though.
I have been truly amazed at how well this tiller has performed. I am in the process of putting in an above ground pool and of course there was a slope where I wanted it at. After a few passes with the tiller at its fullest depth, it was where I needed it to be. I was really impressed with how it tilled right in on the virgin soil.
Good luck! ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login