Go Bottom Go Bottom

Generator Shed

View my Photos
Handson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2020-04-24          199104

I have a Honda Gas Generator 6500EMS which is great, except for if it is raining or snowing.

I am looking to build something like a mini salt box that I could roll the Generator into when inclement weather is likely for the outage period.

Want open as possible with not forced fan needed. And needs to be small and great appearance. Just have not come across any plans that are appealing.

Ideas needed.

Thanks!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Generator Shed

View my Photos
Hogslayer
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2020-04-24          199105

You could make a buy a garden tool shed or cabinet. Some are tall and slender while others are short and wide. You could make the exterior match or compliment the outside of your home so it would blend.

You would want to vent the exhaust and have some sort of air input for the air cleaner. Some soffit materials are available with venting. Siding could have slits on the underside by the overlap lips.

Boral makes some artificial brick that is cemented in place. They also have some sections that can be cut to shape with a cement saw blade.

Doors could give access to the generator for starting, filling with gas, plugging in appliances. Additional doors could be used for a actual gardening or lawn tools. ....

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login