Go Bottom Go Bottom

Poll Are we in for a double dip recession

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-09-26          180573

There seems to be widespread thinking that we might be in for bad times ahead, with the prospect of a double dip recession ....back to the pits of 2009.

What do your think?

Recession is when your friend loses their job, depression is when you lose your job! Migraine headaches occur when your employer decides you are too old for your line of work and lays you off, and you have multiple kids starting college, and you are about to enroll in Medicare, and you see the size of your first Social Security check.......LOL

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2011-09-26          180574

Given that so many folks have either been treading water since Jan 2009 - or have already sunk - I'd say we've already been served that second dip. So rather than bandy about "another" recession, perhaps the more succinct question would be; are we now sliding towards a depression?.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2011-09-26          180577

Many of you know I am an insurance agent. For the last year probably 80% of all conversations begin with: I need to save money or cut expenses. Those I talk with seem to think the election will at least not make it worse as feel worst is in power now. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2011-09-26          180588

Although the economists say the first recession ended I don't believe it. They look at numbers but ignore the reality on the street. So IMO there will be no second dip, just a deeper first one.

View my Photos
DennisCTB

2011-09-27          180593

It is an interesting box we are in at the moment. With China slowing its growth, our economy stuck and in debt, Europe mired in deficits and entitlement issues. With the US election a year away ... an ineffective Congress that is not united to help the people.

Yet when everyone thinks things could not be worse that is usually the sign that things are going to get better. I rememeber when the market was hitting its high prior to the Y2000 crash, even people with only $500 of total life savings were putting the money into the market. On the down side it is a lttle harder to tell.

I knew someone years ago that based his investment strategy on his own index. Each Sunday he got the NY Times and recorded the number of Ferari's that were for sale and charted the results. Lots of Ferari's for sale being negative :). ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2011-09-27          180603

Not sure now which candidate on the Republican debate last week said something this line: there is the world economy, the US economy and then your local economy which is the most important to you.

Interesting about two weeks ago was talking with a pest control company. They said they were very busy and doing very well. Why? All the fears of bed bugs and houses siting vacant had them busy treating for those. ....

View my Photos
cutter

2011-09-28          180634

Toss out the politicians. Even I could fix this economy if allowed to do so. If Obozo continues with his policies we shall all be broke and jobless. ....

View my Photos
skipll

2011-12-03          181495

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutter | view 180634
Toss out the politicians. Even I could fix this economy if allowed to do so. If Obozo continues with his policies we shall all be broke and jobless.

Obozo----is he not the hope & change fellow?
Well I see no hope with him & the changes are not for the better . ( OH yikes--don't get me started on this ) ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2011-12-03          181502

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipll | view 181495
Obozo----is he not the hope & change fellow?Well I see no hope with him & the changes are not for the better . ( OH yikes--don't get me started on this )

Skip think they got the words out of order: WE "hope" for "change" in the white house. I really believe if the right candidate is elected along with positive elections in the Senate and House the economy will almost at once begin to open up. People are so tired and companies that have money for the most part are holding onto it to see which way it is going. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login