Go Bottom Go Bottom

Leaf vacuum for catagory I three point

View my Photos
Bob Snyder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

1999-10-17          8859

I have a MF1030 and am looking for an implement for picking up leaves and blowing them into a following trailer. I seems that this would be a useful impleement for running off a 3 point. Does any manufacturer make one?

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Scott Manzer

1999-10-17          8860

try www.tracvac.com i think they have what your looking for ....

View my Photos
Ted

1999-10-18          8864

Try www.lawnvac.com ....

View my Photos
art

1999-10-18          8873

Bob, trac-vac is one of the best there is and I've played with a lot of them call me if you need some help. Art ....

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder

1999-10-18          8888

Bob,I definitely recommend the trac-vac system. I will confess that I've never had the chance to use the PTO driven system..yet. But I have put quite a few hours on the likes of Allis Chalmers,Gravely, 2 Trac-Vacs. The first two don't compare. My only complaint with Trac-vac: The pull behind trailer can get "tippy" when used on a slope or turning rapidly. Had we kept the unit, we probably would have installed a wider axle or wider tires. The little "wheel barrow" tires make it bounce around like a balloon. I'm currently torn between the PTO model and a self powered 3pt mount. BTW: Something to take notice when looking...PTO model: intake=8", Blower housing is 1-2" Wider, discharge=8", Obviously using 8" hose @2000CFM. The self powered unit:intake=6", discharge=6", using 6" hose @~1200CFM. ....

View my Photos
Bob Snyder

1999-10-18          8899

Thanks for your help, however, I tried the address but it didn't work. I think the message was no DNS entry. ....

View my Photos
Jack in IL

1999-10-18          8904

Web address for PECO is www.lawnvac.com, address for Palmor Products is www.trac-vac.com, and for Bluebird International (EZVac) is www.bluebirdintl.com ....

View my Photos
Bob Snyder

1999-10-18          8906

Thanks. I tried "trac-vac" address and it worked. One problem is that I have a rear discharge mower. I was hoping to find a PTO vacuum with a wide opening directed to the ground without the mower and to pull my 4X7 foot trailer to catch the leaves. Seems like it should work but does anyone make it??Bob ....

View my Photos
MichaelSnyder

1999-10-19          8931

I stand corrected. In looking through a brochure last night, I noticed trac-vac has switched to wider wheels/tires on their trailers. ....

View my Photos
dklopfenstein

2010-11-01          174900

Is there any company that makes a pto driven unit that completely mounts to the 3-point hitch? My property is very hilly, and I don't think that a pull behind cart with the weight above the wheels is the answer. I will be using the vac over 8-9 acres just in the fall with leaves. I hate to buy an engine when I could just pull power from the pto. Has anyone tried the fully mounted trac-vac...the one with the 2 Rubbermaid trashcans on back? ....

View my Photos
Murf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-11-01          174901

Do you need a vacuum to collect them, or will a 3pth blower work in your situation?

We rarely use a vac in our work because they are so slow, we can clear many, many times the amount of area using blowers than we can with a sweeper or vacuum system.

By comparison, our biggest vacuum is an Olathe self powered unit. It clears an 8' swath at a slow walking speed. It does about 2.5 acres per hour, not including travel to & from dump site.

Our blowers on the other hand clear a 20' - 30 swath at a brisk walking speed and clear about 12 acres per hour with no wasted time emptying the bin.

Best of luck. ....

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-11-02          174915

If there were a solution you'd have ten brands to choose from. A leaf-vac carried by the hitch, powered by the PTO, and pulling/feeding a hopper would work best with straight-ahead driving on level ground. There aren't many lawns with lots of trees where you can do that, and uneven ground and sharp turns invite various mechanical problems. And if the collection system is efficient, even a large hopper will get full, very heavy, and troublesome to empty before you know it.

Just let the leaves lie. They'll insulate the ground over the winter and some will turn to compost and nourish the grass. On a dry spring day (if your mower discharge is not side-directional), use a blower (and maybe rake piles into your bucket) to move them to a compost pile. Sprinkle some dirt on them to help the decomposition. And/or mow them with mulching blades to macerate those that aren't already compost.

Save money, time and effort by working with the leaves, not against them. ....

View my Photos
hardwood

2010-11-03          174929

Auer;
Since the "Gator" blades seem to hsve no use far as cutting grass is concerned, I put them on for walnut smackin and leaf disposal. Just blow them into a swath like you're going to have a big round baler come in then go down the swath with the deck up otherwise the leaves pile up in front of the deck. Next blow them back into a swath again etc, and the turn to dust. Make sure the neighbor lady/man don't have her/his laundry on the clothesline tho. This isn't the answer for several acres, just a normal size front or back lawn.
We've got two John Deere lawn sweepers, a new one and a "Classic" one, the only time they work is if you get there just as the leaf hits the ground otherwise the are the biggest joke since the Edsel.
Frank. ....

View my Photos
dklopfenstein

2010-11-11          175072

Well, I rented a JD 855 with a fully 3-point mounted collection system. I was impressed with the job that it did overall...even though the tractor itself was a piece of junk (long time rental unit I think). It was a custom-fabricated, pto driven unit. I was amazed at how well it worked for a custom unit...it did have a few issues unloading though. It was frustrating to me to spend $360 plus tax for 10 hours of run time when I have a JD 4410 in my shop. I am planning on getting one of my own because I should really rent it at least one more time after the oaks loose their leaves...but they will get mulched instead, unless I purchase one this fall yet. My question is, I can get a Trac-Vac 622 Pro for about $2500 (see trac-vac.com), or a Peco Pro 22 for $3800 (see lawnvac.com). Will probably do some work for others to help pay for either. Any ideas as to the better value? Anyone do any business with either company? Feelings about plastic vs. steel/aluminum for a vac? Thanks in advance for responding. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login