Go Bottom Go Bottom

Opinions on a good cheap work horse 35HP or so

View my Photos
horstuff
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-02          81878

Hi. I just arranged for delivery of a new NH TC24D, for $19,700 TLB. I was thinking of going with a NH TC29 or 33D, but decided that the 24 will better suit what I have going on right now (landscape detail work). So, I had a thought - the extra $4000.00 or so it would have cost me to go with the 29 or 33 will go a long way towards purchasing a second tractor, one that is just bare bones but solid and powerful, maybe 35hp or so. I would probably want a FEL on it also. Any opinions about cheap, dependable work horses out there, Chinese or Grey or ???? I'm not too mechanically adept, but if need be, I'm sure I could get by. Thanks.

Bobby

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
Whodat
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-04-02          81898

I just did a bunch of research & visiting dealers & decided on a Branson 3510. I got the tractor w FEL, a 6' Midwest box scraper, 7' landscape rake, & 7' Midwest rear tilt/offset blade for about $16,300, plus tax. I read lots of good things about Branson's on websites. My conclusion was the Bransons, TYM's & the Mahindra series that is made in Japan (_15's?) should all be good tractors & the best bang for the buck out there. I've only run my Branson for a few hours so far but it's been great. It takes some time to get used to the shuttle shift, if you haven't run them before. If you read more posts, you'll see some guys think hydro is the way to go & others (like me) think shuttle shift is fine. That's one of the basic decisions you have to make. Good luck. ....

View my Photos
yooperpete
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-02          81901

You may want to consider an older small farm tractor in the 25-50 HP range for a 2nd workhorse. You can often find one with a loader between $2,500.00 and $7,500.00. Depends how old and how big. JD made some low-profile tractors in the 80's or you could consider a MF or IHC/Case.

Most of those tractors are made to run for 50 years or more with little or no repairs. ....

View my Photos
beagle
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-04-02          81907

If you want some practice with a wrench, you may want to consider the Chinese tractors; the JinmaFarmproNortracFarmcat, etc. gets mixed reviews. Some like them, some don't. They cetainly are cheaper in most every way. Browse the board on this site. Like the other boards, it has some good information about the chinese tractors on it. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login