Go Bottom Go Bottom

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
realman21502
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2004-03-04          78806

Does anyone know who sells more tractors, Branson or Century. From a web check their are 66 Century Dealers with 500 miles of me (and I am only 200 miles from the Atlanic Ocean to the east) and there are only 75 Branson Dealers in the whole low 48 States.

Branson appears to have a better marketing network. I see Branson on ebay all the time (6 tractors listed right now), but have never seen a Century on there. Marketing appears very agressive for only 75 dealers.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
grinder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-04          78816

Are those both built by KuKje,and both distributed by American Jawa? ....

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
realman21502

2004-03-04          78825

They tell me same tractor, same manufacturer, different distributor. ....

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
grinder
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2004-03-04          78830

If you ask me, I would say buy a Kubota,It is a lot easier to keep it all straight.
I thought I read that someone else builds the backhoes
on these? What do you do five years down the road when you
can't find a part you need? Too many co.'s involved
in one product for me. especially one that costs $15,000.
There is no free lunch. ....

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
realman21502

2004-03-04          78837

I have tried to buy John Deere, New Holland, and Kubota. One John Deere dealer I have known for 40 years. I asked his salesman for a price and he gave me factory list. I went to another John Deere dealer near my home where I get parts for my garden tractor. He did give me a lower price, but still very near list.

I went to a New Holland dealer and waited outside his office door for 1/2 hour while he BS's on the phone about anything and everything. I paced the floor and made my self very noticable. He never recogonized me. I figured he didn't want my business and I sure didn't feel like giving him mine.

The Kubota dealer was nice enough, but very high price.

Evidently, they are getting their prices. I suppose that says something for name brand.

Besides all of those tractors are very light. Evidently, they are good tractors with good factory support. A light tractor is a good thing for lawn care. I plan on keeping my tractor so I am not interested in resale and I want a tractor that will do something without buying weighs. I want my tractor heavy not dead weights. ....

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
chipperman

2004-03-05          78900

realman21502
Century has 250-300 dealers. Century and Branson both have approximately equal sales. I would not place a lot of value in who has what on ebay. What do think of the dealers you have spoken with? I think that should be a big part of the equation. Yes as for the tractors, they are the same. But the attachments are not. The Century has an exclusive on the C-50 and the C-50HL. If you have not seen the C-50 it would be worth you while to see it in person. Don't get me wrong the Branson loaders are good loaders but they do not compare to the C-50/HL. The C-50 loader is a little more money but in this case you get what you pay for. Century also offers an 8.5 foot backhoe which I do not believe Branson does as of yet. As for parts support I can not tell you anything about Branson. They may be fine. I can tell you that American Jawa (The importer of Zetor/Century) has a proven track record for more than a quarter of a century (no pun intended) for superior parts and service support to their dealers. In regard to the comment that Century does not make their backhoe. He is right, and neither does John Deere. In fact the Century and John Deere backhoes are not only made by the same mfg. they are the same models. C76 Century = Deere 47 and Century C86 = Deere 48. Good luck with what ever you buy.
Chipperman

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
JDF415

2004-03-05          78904

Listen to Grinder, buy a Kubota, (or a NewHolland or JD). I would be afraid to buy brand that may not be here next year. Do you remember those "Yugo" cars?
I know a guy who bought one of those cheap tractors and his hydraulic control valve split. He could not get a replacement valve. He ordered one and waited 8 months. Still no valve. He ended up trading it in for a name brand tractor that he could count on. ....

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
DavesTractor

2004-03-05          78963

JDF415,

If you are unfamiliar with these tractors, than your post has little merit. You've compared them to a Yugo, called them "cheap" and made a not so veiled intimation that parts are not available. Are you truly familiar with these tractors? Is this a situation where you lump any non-big 3 tractor into a group and say they are all junk? If we are going to denigrate a brand, let's at least be specific regarding our reasons.

I'll not argue that the Big 3 does not have a lot to offer. They have fine dealer networks and build quality machines. However, there are several other brands making fine machines, such as Century/Branson, Mahindra, Kioti, and TYM. Many of these models can go toe to toe with the Big 3 on quality, features and specs, yet are generally less expensive.

Just my opinion...and yes I am both a Branson and Mahindra dealer, so forgive the bias please.

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-03-06          78967

I'm with Daves tractors on this one.
If JDF415 was talking about Jinma or Belerus I'd agree.
But Century/Branson , Mahindra, Kioti I totally disagree.
They have some real nice machines out there.
In my area to buy a new JD you need to remorgage your house and give up your first born. So after being a long time JD owner, when updating to a new tractor I went with a Kioti DK 35 and love it. The fit/finish and quality is as good as any out there.
I have a great dealer, parts are no harder to get than for my JD and I got an excellant price.
So I'll stay with my Kioti thanks.

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
grinder

2004-03-06          78981

Realman
I don't think opinions of factory reps. and dealers are what
you looking for? ....

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
DavesTractor

2004-03-06          78992

Grinder,

Opinions from dealers and factory reps are biased, I'll admit to that. That is why I never hide that I am a dealer. I sell a couple hundred tractors a year, so I have a little experience in these "off-brands". All of our opinions, including yours, are biased based on what we own and like. But we should try to be fair (Tom G is so good about being fair, thanks Tom).

We do, however, know more about our product than the average Joe, so when someone labels these well built Japanese and South Korean tractors as cheap junk, it begs clarification. What does he know? What does he mean?

For example, did you know the 15 series Mahindra is built in Japan by Mitsubishi. I bet most do not. Have you driven one? Have you spec'd one out next to the JD, Kubota and NH? I'll not ramble on, but I think you get the point. ....

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
chipperman

2004-03-06          78994

Realman
I think grinder has a great idea, you should speak with owners. since we cannot post websites here. Go to your search engine and look for century tractors or compact tractor discusion boards. There is and excellent "other" posting board out there.
Chipperman ....

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
Phil Roach

2004-03-06          78998

I dont know who has more dealers. I did buy a Branson this winter but would have bought Century if they were the close dealer (no Century dealers withing 100 miles) I looked at Kubota, JD, NH, Cub Cadet, Long, Kioti, Agco (Massey Ferguson included), Mahindra. I liked things about all of them. Note the only company to entirely produce its product "in house" is Kubota from what I could tell. Every one else puts parts together from companies specializing in some part of the tractor world. The reasons for the Branson are: 1. price (other than Kioti, at least $2000 less than the other brands) 2. build quality (equal to all the others as far as I can tell. Its more than 1000 lbs heavier than the equivalent Kubota and 500-700 more than the other equivalents and in a tractor thats good if its done right) 3. size (its the right proportion of large and compact for my 6'2" body and the work I intend to do) 4. dealer location (all were within 20 miles, JD being closest and a good dealer but see item number 1) 5. payment/loan terms (good finance rate) 6. reputation (Kukje is a big player in Asia and has a good rep, they work with Cummins on small diesel engine design and I've heard their line will soon run those Cummins/Kukje engines) 7. features

Hey its my opinion and its free...

Phil ....

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
DK35vince

2004-03-06          79002

"Note the only company to entirely produce its own product"in House" is Kubota as far as I can tell"

DaeDong Kioti also entirely builds its own tractor and current backhoe models. Many of their loaders are Mfg. in the US.
The fit/finish, features and quality of these tractors(especially the DK and CK series) are as good as any on the market. BAR NONE !!

If I were purchasing a new tractor today, I would seriously consider Century/Branson.Very sturdy looking units at a very good price.The mounting frame for the C-50 loader is the beefiest looking I have seen on any compact.

The big 3 tractors are not the only quality tractors on the market today.

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
grinder

2004-03-06          79004

I'm not sure who you are ref. to, I never said they were "cheap junk". I don't know enough about them to
make that statement.
I would probably would have looked at them but, there
weren't any dealers within a 100 miles when I bought
my tractor.
That makes for a hard sell, when it comes to resale value and parts. That is my only comment on these and other
tractors that haven't established themselves yet.

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
chipperman

2004-03-06          79008

grinder
I understand in your case, but the Kukje twins are quickly establishing them selves and before you know it there will be a dealer near by.
Good Luck
Chipperman ....

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
Peters

2004-03-06          79015

The market get more complicated dayly. Someone posted that Kioti was in the big three interm of CUT sales last year.
The dealer net work is important but I think your local dealer is more important and their stability.
I not seen a South Korean tractor that did not compare well with the Japanese models. I have looked at the KYM which is sold as the Malhindra 10 series and Scorpion tractor, the Kioti and the 5000 series Deere. In fact I believe some of the Japanese brands are of lesser quality.
The Kukje site list both the Century and Bransons. ....

Link:   Kukje

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
kwschumm

2004-03-06          79017

Our local and reputable NH dealer had just started carrying Bransons when I was shopping. They looked to be solid, well built machines. If they had an available hydro at the time I would certainly have given them some serious consideration. ....

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
grinder

2004-03-06          79035

Chipperman
Competition is Good!! Helps to keep all prices down a bit.
I really couldn't care less what people buy, nor am I looking
for a pissn contest.
I just feel that when a new buyer is asking about tractor
brands, there is more to consider than the initial purchase
price.

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
cjrhea

2005-09-14          116363

First, I am not a dealer-- only an end-user. Folks who comment on the color of the paint versus the quality haven't done their homework (IMHO). Zetor is one of the largest tractor manufactures in the world-- and manufactures JD tractors on the same line as their own brand. I believe the same is true for the Korean company that makes Century. The big three in the US aren't as "pure" as you might believe... :)

Buy a tractor based on the specs, the money, and the dealer support.

I own a Zetor 7340 and love it. I just bought a Century 3045 from someone on eBay and am anxiously waiting for it to arrive. I have a Zetor/Century dealer down the road and he's always been good to me.

For the Century dealers out there, what are the specs on the C40 loader?? All I hear about these days is the C50. ....

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-09-14          116376

What JD model does Zetor make? First I've heard of this and my inclination is not to believe it. Where did you hear this? ....

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
cjrhea

2005-09-14          116381

They make models for markets outside the US...

I figured out the models once, but have forgotten... If the link below doesn't work correctly, do a google search for ["john deere" zetor].... one of the links is to the JD site.

If you ever get the marketing video from Zetor, they talk about their partnership with JD and show the green tractors on the same ISO 9000 certified (yada, yada yada) line as theirs.

You can do a little digging and find that Ford farmed out (pun intended) some of their CUTs to foreign factories too.

In this global economy, this doesn't surprise me.

Link:   

Click Here

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-09-14          116382

It doesn't surprise me either, but I've never heard Zetor mentioned as a JD partner before. I know they do a lot with Yanmar but I'm very unfamiliar with the products they sell overseas. Thanks for the info. ....

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
oneace

2005-09-14          116402

Here is his link look at 1994 ....

Link:   

Click Here

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
yalerider

2005-09-16          116528

Love my Branson!
This tractor is awesome. I will write a full review in the Review secton but...A couple of things which sold me on a Branson over the others:

1. Weight: I have been taking out 12-15 year old fir trees. It is working awesome. I have to work a little on some of them but the weight really helps.

2. The full deck under your feet. I have also been clearing blackberries and alder trees. It really protects you from branches, vines and dust.

3. Electric PTO works very well.

4. It has to be one of the best looking tractors out there.

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
ribchord

2006-09-30          135592

i looked at a john deere 5102 i think, at the hunt county fair. i had already bought a mahindra 00 series and when the salesman talked to me he told me these john deere's are made 100 miles from the mahindra plant in india. ....

Branson Vs Century

View my Photos
MarkBer69

2011-03-10          177327

I love my BRANSON..i have looked at all three of the so called big three and they don't even make there tractors.go look at a JD and read the tag.(made by Yanmar)your paying more for the paint ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login