Go Bottom Go Bottom

finally decided Agracat 25hp wins out

View my Photos
kalpia
Posts: 77 Extreme Western on the beautiful St. Croix River, WI
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-11-29          69943

First a big "thanks" to all for their input. It was appreciated and very kind of all to give their thoughts and comments.

I decided to go with the new Agracat 254 (25hp w/4wd). The price was right (almost $5K less then a Kubota w/1.2K hours), the dealler seemed decent and trustworthy and didn't make any outlandish promises/claims. He gave me the name and number of a local guy who bought one this spring and the guy was happy with the tractor and the dealler.

The feedback from here was that this is a "good" unit (no matter what name it is marketed under - it's a Jinma) and everything that I was able to read on the web said pretty much the same thing. I know it's not a JD or Kubota but then it's not priced like one either (half the price) and the 50-75 hrs/year that I'll probably put on it should mean that I can hand it down to my kids or sell it w/o taking a huge loss.

Hopefully I'll pick it up next week, get a couple of pictures to post and let everyone see what it looks like. We've had a couple of small snowfalls but I'd like to get an action shot for the board.

Once again thanks to all and I'm sure I'll be back with a few questions as time goes on.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
44trxfun
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-29          69944

Congratulations on your new tractor! ....

View my Photos
Chief
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-29          69949

Congratulations on the new tractor and don't forget to post some pics! ....

View my Photos
lamarbur

2003-11-29          69952

Just like on a helicopter net that I belong to,, no pictures, then it didn't happen :-))) ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2003-11-30          69996

I guess you know about the chinese tractor boards,[there are two that kinda work,I believe the adrees is on this [other] heading somewheres,because I posted it for someone thinking about getting a chinese chipper,you will need an owners manual and parts manual,if they don't come with it. Richard ....

View my Photos
kalpia

2003-11-30          70008

I talked to the distributor and he said that the tractor comes with owners manual and parts book plus some tools and spare parts; gaskets, filters, etc. He said the factory ships them with the tractors and he passes them along to the buyer. He also puts 5 or 10 hours on the unit to be sure that it works and he's found all of the leaks..doesn't that sound good!

The chinese boards that I found are CTOA and Johnstractors(?). The CTOA has some good tips but the guys here seem like the best I've seen.

Thanks for the tip on the manuals and I'm sure I'll be back begging for help. Happy Holidays and Merry Christmas to all. ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2003-12-01          70061

Couldn't read your reply about the boards cause I don't pay to talk on the internet.If you don't know the address's, then tell me short and sweet and I will post them. I got a nortrac 254,same as yours with 140 hrs,had it for a year and so far am happy with it,[time will tell;cause its hard to find anybody who has a lota hrs. on these jinmas],Richard ....

View my Photos
kalpia

2003-12-01          70071

One at the link below, it's pretty good for general info. Another is Johnstractor.com (?), do search if this isn't it or a search on jinma tractor repair or service. Lots of forums to puroose. Direct email me if you want.

Glad to hear you've had good luck. Thanks, I'm getting nervous with laying out $8.3K. What did you pay if you don't mind me asking? ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2003-12-02          70149

Try this if you already haven't,,, I think I paid less than 8,ooo,with a year and a half parts AND labor warrenty,it came with a 6 months parts and labor,and I bought an additional year off northern when I bought it,for a couple hundred,I havn't used the labor part yet but northern has sent me about 300 dollars in parts for it in the past year,I'm guessing.If you can get a warrenty like that get it,I have just finished reading some not to uplifting stories about a couple guys having some serious trouble in the first hundred hrs. There are two boards that people have been using,one is the one I gave you,if you want the other it may be on it somewheres. JUST FOUND THAT i COULDN'T GIVE YOU THE ADRESS ON HERE,BLANKETY BLANK BLANK, Richard ....

View my Photos
kalpia

2003-12-03          70254

You got a sweet deal. I did some looking and this was the best price I could find on a Agracat 2920 (254 in JM language) w/FEL by about a grand. Yea the warranty thing was a concern but all of the good reports, including yours (and thanks much for them), seemed to minimize it somewhat. You're right, if I could pick up a year of parts/labor for a couple of hundred I'd do it with a smile.

This weekend is the big day...if my nephew is available with his trailer! ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2003-12-04          70287

That was without a front end loader,your the one that got a good price.I tried to post the web page address for the chinese board for you with my last message,but you can't do that here,if you havn't got it let me know and I'll e-mail it to you,remember I can only read the first few lines.I believe there are companies that offer extended warrentys? Might be way to high though. Richard ....

View my Photos
kubotaguy

2003-12-04          70290

Keep us posted. I was tempted to get the 30 HP from Northern tools, but was afraid to take the chance. I could have added a backhoe for the price that I paid for my Kubota. Good luck. ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2003-12-04          70296

Thanks,I got about 130 hrs or so after one year,no major problems so far,[knock on my head],time will tell,its got a good solid motor,I now believe,the rest only time will tell,I figured if I could get about five years out of it without any major problems,it would be worth it and then some,just couldn't afford a compoable big three and didn't want to buy somebody elses junk. Richard ....

View my Photos
kalpia

2003-12-06          70436

FYI - The Agracat 2920 just arrived and I'm very please so far...I've put one whole hour on it so far! The FEL picks the front end off the ground with NO trouble at all.

Soon as I figure how to add some pics to this board I'll post them so all can gaze in wonder at what Mrs. Claus brought me. I'll also be back looking for help I'm sure. Merry Christmas to all and pray for snow in the River Falls, WI area...I gotta play with it now. ....

View my Photos
kalpia

2003-12-11          70798

Can't post pictures 'cause I'm not a paying member but I'm trying to post them to my Yahoo acc't. So far the big 10" snow was no problem for Aggie (wife named it that) but the backup lite wire broke so I'll have to fix when it gets warmer. 3 hours and counting. ....

View my Photos
gauthier

2003-12-11          70888

Did you find your way to the chinese board? Its been pretty exciteing over there for the past few days,can't post the address on here,I think thats pretty stupid,no wonder I ain't paying. Richard ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login