Go Bottom Go Bottom

AgraCat 25hp anyone know them

View my Photos
kalpia
Posts: 77 Extreme Western on the beautiful St. Croix River, WI
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2003-11-24          69525

My apoligize to anyone who has had to read this several times, I'm going for max exposure to get max info. On this kind of stuff I'm green as grass and dumber than a red brick. Any info will be greatfully accepted and thanks in advance for you help.

A dealer (wholesaler) just called me and has a new AgraCat 2920 25hp 4x4w/FEL and the usual stuff (NO HST but I think I can live with a manual). Look here for more info:
http://www.hersinc.net/Agracat%20Tractors.htm

Price is $8500. I know this is an "off brand" and I haven't even seen it mentioned anywhere. Anyone know about them. My thinking is that for $4 or $5K I can take some chances. This isn't a pig-in-a-poke, he has one I can test drive and run around the lot in.

Link:   

Click Here

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DK35vince

2003-11-24          69526

I don't know anything about them but they look like the same tractor as the Chinese made Jinma and the Nortrac tractors sold by Northern Tools.

View my Photos
chipuren

2003-11-25          69553

DK35Vince is correct, this model is JINMA. Agracat was one of the pioneers of bringing the JINMA tractors in, Jinmas are now sold by dozens of importers, large & small. I sell the Farm PRo version of this tractor and we are getting very good feedback and only a few warranty issues, but these tractors do take a bit of tinkering now and then. They are ideal for someone who will use a tractor 50-100 hours per year and does not want to tie up $xx,xxx for that limited use. They are basic tractors, sliding gear trans, no shuttle shift(yet, coming soon on some models).

Dealer support is more critical on these tractors than say a KIOTI or KUBOTA. It seems this is a liquidation deal and since your seller is a "wholesaler" you might find out where you would have to bring it for service. Are you getting the new machine warranty? I do know that current Agracat tractors have different fiberglass so this seems to be an "out of date" model. Some of the older versions of the JINMA had the power steering cylinder mounted on the side of the tractor (it is now along the axle). These have been known to break steering arms when used with a loader under certain conditions so that might be something to check out.
Also if you have a Farm PRo or JINMA dealer near you, you might want to visit with them, could be you could get a new unit from a "retail" dealer for just a bit more.

Link:   CTOA

View my Photos
kalpia
Posts: 77 Extreme Western on the beautiful St. Croix River, WI

2003-11-25          69564

Thanks for the good feedback. That's what I was hoping for. This is a NEW unit (<5hours, done for testing). The dealer is "slowing down" due to a heart condition. His last container was 96 units. There is a factory parts warranty but he doesn't handle that (he was very "up front" about it) but there are others in the area (within 75 miles) that do/will. Just from our phone conversation he seemed pretty honest, gave me the name of a guy in my town that just bought one and also invited me to test one out before making any commitment. I did contact another dealer, about 500 miles away, and they have JUST the tractor for $9600 (with a FEL it's around $12K).

I'll keep everyone post on what and how it goes. ....

View my Photos
F350Lawman
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2003-11-25          69579

"I did contact another dealer, about 500 miles away, and they have JUST the tractor for $9600 (with a FEL it's around $12K)."

I think that dealer is a little pricey unless it has a better warranty. I would try and look online for more comparison prices. I see Agaracats with a full 2 year parts and labor warranty from the dealer for 9,500. So that may be the price difference right there.

Heres a Jinma place (link at bottom) that lists 4 x4 28hp Jinmas w/ loader for 9,999. For 12,400 you get the backhoe as well. Of course you would have to research this place first. Just giving you some prices.

Nortrac has the equivalent Jinmas for 10,500 w/ FEL, Sunshade and 1 year parts only warranty. Might be shipping but may be no tax depending on where you live so it MAY be doable.

Good luck

Link:   Tractors

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login