Go Bottom Go Bottom

taishan 304a electric problem

View my Photos
bemike61
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2010-10-10          174504

looking for some good info and you guys are pretty good at it. have not had any problems as of late which is a good thing. here is what has happened, i went to start tractor as i always do. i turn key on depress clutch pedal against safety switch and turn key all the way to right to turn over motor. it turned over for maybe 10 seconds and everything quit.
when i turn key on i use to get the gauges to read volts or i knew the key was on, now i get nothing. the battery is hot. i removed panel with gauges to look for broken wire, did not see anything.
on the ignition switch it has three terminals in a y formation and one terminal dead center. i was able to get a reading of 12.6 volts with key off, with key on i get 4 volts or less on the other two y terminals. is there a way to know if i have a broken wire or be able to test the actual switch. thanks for any help.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2010-10-10          174508

1. Check fuse box. One of the fuses is for the gauges (less ammeter).
2. Look up under the left floorboard and see if the clutch pedal damaged either the clutch interlock switch itself - or perhaps pinched one of its wires.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
bemike61

2010-10-11          174518

i will give that a try and get back with what i find. thanks ....

View my Photos
bemike61

2010-10-11          174526

thanks greg for the info. i found a blown fuse and a pinched wire. repaired and running good once again. thanks ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login