Go Bottom Go Bottom

Jinma Tractor w transmission problems

View my Photos
JohnCig3
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2009-07-08          163893

I have a 06' Jinma Tractor, 28 hp, 3-cyl diesel with 20 hours on it. This tractor has the shifter w/three gears between your feet and a forward/reverse lever on the left side of the steering column. A few days ago while operating it, it seemed to 'lose' the forward gears. I pulled the lever back into reverse and the tractor responded properly. I again tried to put it into forward and the tractor did so. Later in the day, I again lost forward gears abd when I tried the reverse, it would not move the tractor. There is no grinding, nothing seems loose, but I'm wondering if the cable that comes off of this 'forward/reverse' lever hasn't worked loose or out-of-adjustment. Has anyone out there ever experienced similiar problems? HELP !!!

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-07-08          163894

Ask on the Chinese Tractor Owners Association site.

Meanwhile, typically the F/R lever ends in a clevis into which fits a rod held by a pin that might be broken or loose. ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2009-07-08          163896

That shuttle shift is via cable. The most common reason for your problem is a sheared roll pin somewhere along the cable path. They're external, no need to take any covers off. This is a commonly reported issue, and conventional wisdom advises to double up on replacement roll pins. That is, find the correct replacement size, then buy a smaller one to drive inside the replacement. In short, a 2nd roll pin reinforcing the 1st roll pin from the inside.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
petschllr

2010-02-26          168834

I had the exact same problem with my Jenma as you mentioned with the transmission not going into gear. I have very low hours as well. Did you find a remedy?

thanks. Pete

I have a 06' Jinma Tractor, 28 hp, 3-cyl diesel with 20 hours on it. This tractor has the shifter w/three gears between your feet and a forward/reverse lever on the left side of the steering column. A few days ago while operating it, it seemed to 'lose' the forward gears. I pulled the lever back into reverse and the tractor responded properly. I again tried to put it into forward and the tractor did so. Later in the day, I again lost forward gears abd when I tried the reverse, it would not move the tractor. There is no grinding, nothing seems loose, but I'm wondering if the cable that comes off of this 'forward/reverse' lever hasn't worked loose or out-of-adjustment. Has anyone out there ever experienced similiar problems? HELP !!!

View my Photos
greg_g

2010-02-26          168835

Quote:
Originally Posted by petschllr | view 168834
I had the exact same problem with my Jenma as you mentioned with the transmission not going into gear.
Well, perhaps we have a terminology problem - cuz Johns' issue was with the shuttle shift. That constitutes an issue with the mid-connect box, rather than with the transmission.

So for clarification; is your problem with the forward/reverse lever (shuttle) or with the actual gear shift lever (transmission)?

//greg// ....

View my Photos
JohnCig3

2010-02-26          168836

Yes I did. It was exactly what was thought to be the problem. If you follow the F/R cable down under the tractor, you will find a roll pin that the cable runs thru. The pin was slightly 'cocked' in the holder, allowing the cable to move, but without the needed tension to activate the transmission. It's hard to locate, so don't give up. My problem pin was just under the right foot location, but couldn't be seen until you got under the tractor. I had a friend move the cable back and forth until I located it. Good luck, good tractor when you can keep them running :+)) ....

View my Photos
petschllr

2010-02-26          168842

it's with the f/r lever. It quit going into forward and reverse. the lever at the box under the tractor is going the full direction with the lever but no engagement inside..

thx ....

View my Photos
greg_g

2010-02-26          168844

Well, I think there are two roll pin locations; one on either end of the cable. If they're both ok, it may be the shift lump inside the mid-connect box. To check that, you'll have to remove the cover plate. The shift lump location is should be right where the linkage rod goes through the housing. I guess it must be a cast part, cuz there have been several reports of them breaking apart. If that's the case, you'll have metal in the bottom of the case that must be removed too.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
petschllr

2010-03-01          168898

You were right it was the roll pin and I'm back in biz. thanks!

are you also an expert with the 3 pt lift? it doesn't work.. The pto works fine and the front end loader etc.

View my Photos
Edward86

2017-06-21          196761

Kama 254 Seems to be locked into two gears....stalls engine when trying to go forward and backward... use to be able work the lock out...seems to be really lock this time. I opened the cover above the shifting of the gears and appears that one of the pins is sheared and its is in the wrong location. What is the proper way to unlock this? Do you hit it back... new at repairs...would appreciate your help! Thanks Ed ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login