Go Bottom Go Bottom

nt 254 NorTrac

View my Photos
hoggpops
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-09-27          156883

Was wondering if the 3 pnt lift has an adjustment in the control arm,,, it is either all up or all down, very hard to adj. height. It has about 8 to 10" of free play in the lever.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

nt 254 NorTrac

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-09-27          156885

Control arm? Hopefully you mean the lift lever, over on the right side of the operator seat. If so, it should have thumbwheel stops that regulate the travel of the lift lever linkage. Be careful where you set the "full up" position though. To far up, and you can destroy the O-ring and wiper on the lift cylinder. It only takes once.

If this is not what you're talking about, lemme know and I'll try again. By the way - feel free to post in the Chinese tractor forum. There's a section specifically for NorTracs here: http://tractorpoint.com/cgi-bin/tractor/forum.pl?src=quickIndex

//greg// ....

nt 254 NorTrac

View my Photos
hoggpops

2008-09-27          156886

Ok, lift lever is what I am talking about, was going to start there, but like I said, it is very fast and seems to be all up or all down, you have to be quick to stop it.
I was born and raised on a 1 & 1/2 section farm in the panhandle of Tx, Massey F., Case & J.D. Old to new, had a lot more control of the hight in the 3 pnt with the "lift lever" ....

nt 254 NorTrac

View my Photos
chipuren

2008-09-27          156888

The Jinma 254 (generic name for your Nortrac) does not have position control, you simply move the lever, which controls the valve in the direction you want the lift to go, then return it to the middle position when the lift is where you want it. the adjustments Greg mentions will allow you to set the limits of travel, when the lift raises to a certain hight, the lever will kick back to the center position by itself. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login