Go Bottom Go Bottom

What about Mccormick tractors

View my Photos
aborem
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-05-28          154008

We are considering a Mccormick CT28, but I can find absolutely nothing, as for as reviews, for this tractor or any other Mccormick tractor. Does anybody have any knowledge, pros or cons, on this line of tractors?
Thanks in advance.......Randy

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
auerbach
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-05-28          154015

The CT is a recent line, so I doubt there's much info. But both the brand and the Japanese engine maker are older than I am (and you wouldn't believe how old that is), and I don't know of any lemon tractor brands (at least outside of China and maybe Korea). So if the dealer's good, you should be OK. ....

View my Photos
kthompson
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2008-05-28          154019

Quote:
Originally Posted by auerbach | view 154015
The CT is a recent line, so I doubt there's much info. But both the brand and the Japanese engine maker are older than I am (and you wouldn't believe how old that is), and I don't know of any lemon tractor brands (at least outside of China and maybe Korea). So if the dealer's good, you should be OK.

The brand may be old, not sure the product line is. Suggest the following link. kt ....

Link:   McCormick web site

View my Photos
candoarms

2008-05-28          154021

One of the key issues in marketing is to appeal to the consumer through "name recognition".

The American consumer is very familiar with brand names such as Cub Cadet, McCormick, and Bob Cat. Therefore, a great many foreign tractor makers are aligning themselves with these names, with the hope of selling a product that the American consumers otherwise wouldn't normally consider.

I'm not saying that the products offered under these names aren't good. In many cases, the tractors being offered are very dependable. But, the reality is none of these tractors are made by Cub Cadet, McCormick, or Bob Cat. In fact, none of them are made here in the U.S.

The marketing people are doing a good job. They're earning their wages. I don't think most of these tractors would even be discussed on this board, if they were being sold under the Yanmar or Kioti brand names.

The American consumer is going to have to do a lot of digging before making a decision when purchasing a tractor. Try to ignore the brand names. Look well past the name before purchasing anything these days.

Joel ....

View my Photos
kthompson

2008-05-29          154046

Joel I think you are very correct. Sometimes it is a great product and then it is not. To me, buying something you expect to last say 20 years from a 5 year old company would concern we wonder if replacement parts would ever be needed. kt ....

View my Photos
hardwood
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2008-05-29          154065

I would hope they would be as good as the old "McCormick" name would suggest, only time will tell the complete story. I have no Idea how they can legaly use the brand of a trademark name on a product not produced by the original brand name company??? We saw them at a landscape type show last winter, but seemed to be no rep's in sight, also saw the new Case/IH compact models being represented by the rudest, most arrogant reps I ever met. Please don't ask for the date or location, last thing I need is getting into a shouting match with any big timers from Case/IH. Frank. ....

View my Photos
auerbach

2008-05-30          154075

Thanks for alerting me; I take back what I said about McCormick being a venerable and respected line. The new model that was asked about dates from a company formed in the year 2000 from a complex joining of Case, New Holland, and I think International Harvester into an international factory in Italy (with connections in England and even Russia) that sources parts from various other countries.

The most vulnerable component is the engine, and on that line they're from Mitsubishi, which is an excellent and very old manufacturer. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2008-05-30          154076

Frank, the name is part of the assets of the company, patents, tooling, trademarks, name, the whole sooting match.

Unfortunately it's a growing trend to buy the remains of an old company with a good history and exploit it for sales of new products with zero in common with the old company save the name.

For what it's worth, I have heard nothing bad about them, but then they haven't been out long either.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login