Go Bottom Go Bottom

Truly a newbie-- not even a tractor yet

View my Photos
tomwilli
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2005-05-31          111772

Hi Folks,

Have a couple and a bit acres of grass and scrub bush.
Getting by with a lawn tractor and just doesn't meet my needs any more. Need a front end loadersnow blower.
Looking a compact tractors and good used ones aren't cheap.
Looking at Chinese Tractors like the Jimna. Just got some direct pricing of just under $4k ( USD ) for a JM 254 pack tractor shipped to Canada close to where I live.

Any thoughts on the Chinese tractors or better yet any advice you can give the truly a newbie.
Any help would be appreciated.
Am in Ontario Canada.

Thanks and have a good one.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
kwschumm
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-31          111776

Are you capable of working on it yourself, and do you have enough tools to do so? If not you may not want to go that route. Lots of people like their Chinese tractors but they do seem to require more repairs and futzing with than the bigger name brands. One general piece of advice, with a loader you really should have a 4WD tractor. ....

View my Photos
funchy
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2005-05-31          111777

Off-brands are fine as long as you understand you may not get the full service/parts as the big brands. I can't fix my own tractor, so I had to choose a brand with a local dealer & repair center.

That 4k quote didn't include FEL or snowblower, did it? seems pretty inexpensive to me ....

View my Photos
tomwilli

2005-05-31          111781

Lots of tools and fair amount of time. Can handle most everyday type repairs. Good friend is a mechanic.
JM 254 is a 25hp 4 wheel drive.
Price was tractor, freight and insurance to port close to me. Well, within an hour or so.
Attachments are extra and waiting for the pricing on them.

As I said, needed for grass, brush clearing, snow clearing and nothing really heavy.

Would it matter if turf or regular AG tires considering I am using for grass cutting ?

Price really good as $4k USD is about $5k Canadian. Been looking at a lot of used tractors and end up seeing stuff that looks like junk for $9 or $10K Canadian. ....

View my Photos
kwschumm

2005-05-31          111783

The "other Chinese tractors" forum here on tractorpoint may give you an idea of what you might run in to. Is this a crate tractor (that you have to assemble yourself)? ....

View my Photos
tomwilli

2005-06-01          111825

Yup, crate tractor so would be interesting.

New to site so kind of wading my way around.

Will go have a look at the other Chinese tractor site to see if I can get any insights into this adventure.

Thanks ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login