Go Bottom Go Bottom

Bolens 1669 Does Not Start

View my Photos
hthegrate
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2017-01-25          196183

I am trying to find value of Bolens hydro 1669 garden tractor. Attachments mower, snow blower, snow blade and tire chains.

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
DennisCTB
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2017-01-28          196192

A lot depends on condition. That machine is about 25 years old, new probably went for $6000.

I would expect to pay in the $1500 to $2500 range for it.

For the upper limit I sold a 30 year old Wheel Horse tractor with mower, snowblower, snow blade for half of what I paid for it new. It was in mint condition and I advertised it with pix on a Wheel Horse site.

View my Photos
hthegrate

2017-01-29          196196

TY I have used tractor to cut lawn past few years. About 3 weeks ago will turn over but won't start. New battery, spark plug, fuel filter, n carb filter. Thinking of finding an on site repair for small engines. Not starting people want to buy for $200. ....

View my Photos
greyhorse
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2017-01-31          196209

I would make sure you getting spark and that you are getting gas assuming this is a gasoline engine.

Pull plug and ground and see if you are getting spark.

If you have spark then pour a thimble of fuel into spark plug hole and replace plug and see if it fires. If no spark could be coil, points condenser.

If it does fire you know you have a fuel problem. I would look at fuel pump and replace fuel lines as possible causes.

You would have a hard time selling anything that does not run so it is worth figuring out your issue.

View my Photos
hthegrate

2017-01-31          196216

Thanks. A neighbor checked tractor has spark. I will try the fuel/spark plug tomorrow and see what happens. Did put new spark plug, battery, fuel filter and crab filter.

Hard to sell lol people offer $200.

Might have to find a on site small engine repair.

I am a nurse not a mechanic. ....

View my Photos
Murf

2017-02-02          196218

Fuel these days is so bad, any time I hear a story like this my comment is always the same, pull the air filter off and either give it a shot of starting fluid or pour a little gas down the carb throat.

The Ethanol will cause the carb to plug up, and / or rubber components to break down so fast that in just a month or two you have a clogged up carburetor.

If it starts or even tries on this method, just get the carb rebuilt and be done with it.

Always use either 100% gasoline, NO Ethanol, or dose it up really good with a quality additive like SeaFoam or Sta-bil.

Best of luck. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login