Go Bottom Go Bottom

nt204c fuel issue nortrac

View my Photos
sammy1
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2016-09-24          195816

I just had my fuel tank, sediment screens and bowl cleaned
after repair tractor ran fine 6hrs, the next day cranked and ran fine for 30 minutes the started cutting out again
then eventually died, problem cant take back to shop bushog
on ground and front end loader on ground, looks like I am going to have to try myself,how to I get to the screens
or check for blockages?
thanks sam

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
bogman

2016-09-25          195821

Sounds like what mine did when my injector pump died. I'd try cracking the line above your pump going to your injectors and pump the hand primer to see if you have fuel to that point, if you do, re-tighten that line and crack the line at your front injector and turn it over and see if you have a solid stream of fuel coming out there. Let us know what you find. ....

View my Photos
sammy1

2016-09-26          195822

thanks for the replay this is what I found in the sediment bowl small rust pieces, took off bowl housing, rust in fuel tank,cleaned tank,cleaned out fuel cut off and housing,both
filters tank and sediment bowl rusted out,i have them ordered,after I install them do I need to check the line coming out of the sediment bowl,or would it be ok to hook up
and try to crank then, if I need to check how to do?
thanks sam ....

View my Photos
bogman

2016-09-27          195828

That's the easy part. From your sediment bowl the line going to your injector pump has a screen down at the banjo fitting. Just take the bolt out at the pump and you will see it when you take the line off. ....

View my Photos
sammy1

2016-09-30          195837

I received the sediment bowl today with new filters,
installed bowl now I don't have any fuel entering the sediment bowl, what am I missing?

thanks sam ....

View my Photos
sammy1

2016-09-30          195838

ok I finally cracked the fuel line out of the sediment bowl
now how do I use the ,manual primer pump,

View my Photos
bogman

2016-09-30          195839

You may not need to do this at all if your fuel system hasn't gotten air in it between the injector pump and your injectors. Just try it now and see if it starts up. But if it doesn't, you may need to bleed the air out of your system.

Again this is a easy step. On my fuel system the line leaving the primer pump goes up to the fuel filter. Then from the fuel filter the line goes back down to the injector pump. You could break the fittings slightly loose at any of these points to verify fuel flow to your fuel pump.

In your case since you haven't changed your fuel filter you could just crack the line at the fitting behind the hand primer and unscrew the primer knob several turns counter-clockwise until the pump piston pops up. Then simply pump this piston several times until fuel comes out of the fitting you loosened. Then tighten the line back up and push the piston back down and while holding it down screw it back in by turning clockwise until it gets tight. Then crack the steel line going up to your front injector and turn the engine over until a solid flow of fuel comes out with no air bubbles. Retighten and move to the next injector and then the last one. Crack the steel lines at the top fitting not the ones on the injector pump.

It will probably start when you tighten up the first one but do them all anyway. ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login