Go Bottom Go Bottom

Where I buy NortTrack 254 25hp parts

View my Photos
dlvonhelf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-03-27          186494

I bought my tractor new from Northern Tool about 10 years ago. The sales staff was very polite and very helpful when it came to replacement parts. Over the last couple of years, their helpfulness has greatly declined to the point where I don't want to speak with them anymore. The last couple of times I've called for parts, the salesman seemed very impatient and not knowledgeable... or he could just care less about my questions.

I have what is considered and "old style" tractor now with old part numbers. They seem very annoyed when I tell them that I have the old numbers. One person told me that I should just buy a new tractor so I don't have to complicate their job anymore. His tone was not a joking tone...

Anyway, if you have had the same problems with Northern Tool, I have a place for you to look.... Discount tractor sales has taken good care of me:

https://discounttractorsales.com/shop.php?bid=190&cid=190&butId=190

My Nortrac has the yangdong Y385 engine. This is the standard engine for many tractors... Most notably the Jinma brand. A lot of the Jinma parts will fit the Nortrack 254. The only thing I've bought that did not fit was a gas cap.

You can highlight over the side menu for the "Jinma tractor 200 series" to find other parts catagories for the Nortrac... I've ordered from the electrical and hydraulic catagories and everything has matched up.

Hope this helps for anyone looking for an easy way to shop for parts. There's a couple other websites that carry parts for the Y385, but this place seems to be one of the cheapest.

Link:   

Click Here

Reply to | Quote Post Reply to PostQuote Reply | Add PhotoAdd Photo

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-03-27          186496

Perhaps Northern didn't explain that their NorTracs are rebadged Jinmas and Fotons, and that they haven't sold Jinmas for several years. Early on they started with small Jinmas, then added medium and large Fotons. But both wore the same NorTrac badging. When they discovered the Foton to be the superior tractor, they phased out Jinma completely. From that point on, all Nortracs have been rebadged Fotons.

That said, there's no excuse for rudeness, but at the same time it's hard to expect new employees to be familiar with obsolete stock. But they should ethically have kept a reasonable parts supply on hand for previously sold merchandise.

I too have done business with Discount; nice small family operation, good personal service.

//greg// ....

View my Photos
dlvonhelf
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster

2013-03-27          186499

Oh so they changed to Fotons... That would have explained a lot... Thanks. Discount tractor also carries Fotons parts it looks like. I do like the ability to browse a web page to select what I need instead of calling someone all the time.

I do have to hand it to Northern tool.... I ordered a fuel filter about three years ago and they sent me a whole case of them by mistake. That might explain why they didn't want the others back...

I used to really enjoy the quarterly Nortrac newsletters they sent out in the past. ....

View my Photos
greg_g
TractorPoint Premium Member -- 5 Tractors = Very Frequent Poster  View my Photos  Pics

2013-03-27          186500

If you are interested in a spare starter motor for that engine, contact me. It's an American engineered aftermarket gear reduction starter that's a direct bolt-in replacement for the stock Y385 starter. New condition, it's a no longer needed spare.

//greg// ....

Go Top Go Top

Share This
Share This

Member Login